Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is all a 93 sol. simplest way to put it.
turn the ign on and the pump doesnt prime. so it wont run.
known good main relay and two black relays being switched in doesnt solve it.
jumping the pump lead for the main relay however will get it to prime. im confused as shit. what to do....

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Sounds like the key may be going out, check and see if your getting voltage to the main relay when ON.
This^^. The main relay has two power wire,black/yellow and yellow. Make sure both have power going to them. The yellow is hot at all times,black/yellow is ignition power. If you have power to both then check the yellow/black as that is the power feed to your ecu. Green/yellow is a trigger from ecu. Yellow/green is power out to the fuel pump. Black is ground.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got to check it. Everything has power EXCEPT fuel pump. I can short them out supplying 12v to the fuel pump wire and it'll prime. What do I do?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
You have power to both wires at the main relay,black/yellow and yellow?

Is the main relay getting ground? Black wire.

If you ground the green/yellow wire at the main relay does the pump come on? Key needs to be in the on position.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Continuity test the green/yellow from main relay plug to ecu plug a7. If you don't have a continuity tester then you can skin the green/yellow wire and wrap a wire around it and run it to the green/yellow wire at the main relay and shove it into the plug. If the fuel pump comes on after you do this then there is a brake some where in the green/yellow wire from main relay to ecu.

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Actually no ground. Wheres that ground out?
The main relay gets its ground from the thermostat housing ground. From the drivers side shock tower plug.

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oooooooooooh okay. Thats likely the issue since he started thisn problem after a motor pull

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
Oooooooooooh okay. Thats likely the issue since he started thisn problem after a motor pull
Make sure that the ground for the thermostat is hooked up then check to see if the fuel pump is working. Report back with findings

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The thermo bolt was loose. Pump primes now. Waiting on battery to charge to try and crank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts