Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Currently Running a walboro 400, stock lines, ID 1000cc with a planned base pressure of 60psi. Running E85 and targeting 400whp.

I just changed out to AEM FPR to get some more base pressure to increase my injector capacity - noticed there are 3 orifice sizes. one looks OEM sized, one smaller & one larger.

Given my circumstances - any idea what the most appropriate would be to use?

Cheers :)

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Biggest, no downsides to oversizing an orifice on a liquid pressure relief application with a direct operated regulator, especially one with a bigger diaphragm diameter than the stock fpr.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I guess I was thinking with a small orifice it would at least be more like mechanically regulated to a high pressure - rather then just relying on the diaphragm etc

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
it would not be a bad idea to redo the entire fuel line from pump assembly to filter/rail

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Biggest, no downsides to oversizing an orifice on a liquid pressure relief application with a direct operated regulator, especially one with a bigger diaphragm diameter than the stock fpr.
This. There is no downside to going bigger, but if the orifice is too small you can get pressure creep with a big pump.

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
Yep I guess I was thinking with a small orifice it would at least be more like mechanically regulated to a high pressure - rather then just relying on the diaphragm etc
Let the diaphragm and spring do their jobs and regulate, that's what they're there for, don't use an artificially low setpoint and have the restrictive orifice build up to the actual rail pressure you want, that way will never be consistent with temperature and fuel density.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts