Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says, i smell fuel inside my car. there are absolutley no leaks anywhere and i just cant figure it out. I still get the same fuel mileage i always have too. i cant even go anywhere in the car with my wife and my daughter because of it. Any ideas where to start?

TIA,
Bryan

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i didnt think of that. not sure. i just bought the car like a month ago and swapped in a y8 and i know nothing is leaking up there. any idea on what kind of seal i need to get it to stop?

·
Registered
civic
2,211 Posts
yeah just relieve the pressure and its a couple of 10mm bolts holding the rail in, pop it off and take the injectors out(while the motor is cold) if they are good the will be rounded if they are worn, they will look flat on the sides

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no i didnt but i can. im gonna go through the whole car and check all the fuel lines and change the fuel filter while im at it and ill keep an update with what i find.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
It could also be an exhaust leak. Check to make sure you don't have one. When i was running open downpipe you would get a little gas smell in the car.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good point. although this smells just like when you are at the pump getting fuel (you know the strong scent) when youre standing right next to the nozzle so im lost. but yea ill check for exhaust leaks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You guys wanna know whats causing the smell?? Check under your shifter boot and theres a rubber piece that covers the over the shifter. with that not covering you are getting exhaust fumes inside the car....

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
you already check under the back seat to make sure the smell isn't coming from the fuel pump access thing? you should be able to just pop the seat out and smell if its coming from there or not.

·
Registered
1995 Civic EX Coupe
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
it kinda smells like it is but im not sure...if that makes any sense. i took off the access cover and tightened all the nuts down and put the cover back on. i also tightened the fuel rail nuts so ill keep an update if it goes away or not.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
What ecu? New O2 sensor? ODB1? I had the same issue in my '92 VX hatch with a Z6 in it. Turned out just to be the ecu and it was running rich all the time causing the smell.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts