Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda Civic SI
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well some of you may know I have recently got a 91 Civic LX to use as my daily driver, well since I have had it all I have done is poured a shit ton of money in it with no result's.

I bought 2 new main relay's and a distributor searching for the problem...Figured out tonight I overlooked a fuse, Alternator Solonoid Valve whatever that is it was blown.

The car died the other day like no fuel just peace.. Well I took the filter off tonight and drained it...it was brown as hell and had water all in it. So I was lied to about the length of it sitting up supposably only 2 month's + 1 for my time of having it..Yea gas don't seperate that quickly.

Ok so let's get to the point, the main relay is clicking and turning on but no fuel to the fuel filter...the fuel pump apperantly isn't cutting on either.. What do I need to do.

Is there a relay I may have overlooked? How do I get the cap off of the fuel tank to pull the pump out, I read something about a special tool but apperantly I don't wanna pay 40$ for the tool.

Could the fuel pump just be clogged and not allowing it to cut on? What is a way to test if it's bad? Any relay's or fuses I may have overlooked?

And last but not least where is the drain for the fuel tank, because apperantly the gas is bad in the tank and I don't wanna suck that back into the car again..

Sorry for the long rambling rant...Please gimme some advice thanks guys

·
Registered
1996 Honda Civic
582 Posts
the fuel pump should be under the back seat... i dont think those have a drain on the fuel tank but i could be wrong... if not use a shop vac lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts