Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car up this morning and smelled gas, so i shut it off and found out that there was a leak coming from my fuel rail. i started to take everything apart when i got to the three bolts that hold the fuel rail i ran into a problem one bolt came off and the others wouldn't. so i put the bolt that came off back on and tried and they just kept spinning so i thought maybe the posts where spinning but they weren't. any suggestions

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They may be stripped...you may have to get another Intake manifold, or put a bigger stud in it.
it is a brand new intake mani and i've taken them off before and never encountered this problem until now and i replaced the o rings and all

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How tight did you tighten it?
not that tight at all becuse i was afraid to strip it, it sorta looks like the studs are on a lil angle. i dont know i'll figure something out, everything was fine except it was leaking somewhere from the fuel rail

·
Registered
Civic
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where did you get the intakemanifold from?
I ordered it from skunk2 i found out the problem the studs i was using seemed to be to small, i got two off easily but one is still on i guess i tightened the studs to much prior to installing the mani itself and one of the studs broke off inside the mani this is why it kept spinning. is there a way to get it out because i just purchased the mani and i didnt even get a chance to drive with it yet and i refuse to replace the whole mani

1 - 12 of 12 Posts