Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will any fuel pump from 88 to 91 civics work in a 90 wagon fwd? Does it matter if its from a car with dpfi or mpfi? I believe I need a new pump, under hard acceleration, around 5 to 7k, the car starts to bog down and wobble. Ive already replace the fuel filter, plugs/wires, distributor cap and rotor

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure, I just recently got the car. 258k miles. I dont think the previous owner cared about it mechanically. It had a miss, Oil in the spark plug holes, oil was way past time for a change, Old rotor had a ton of play. Only thing I think he bought for it was 700$ wheels

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found a regulator laying around. I will probably throw it on tomorrow and see if anything changes

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Id try looking up the factory honda part number for the fuel pump if you would like to see if they are compatable, or try one of the auto parts store websites to see if they are matching part numbers.

Not sure if dpfi or mpfi mattered in regards to fuel pump. Id assume they are identical, but I would check it out first.

If you think its a bad fuel pressure regulator, just pinch the fuel return line coming from it if you want to see if the regulator is stuck fully open (lowering pressure)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts