Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ej2
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
However, the fuel pump works just fine with my regular chipped P28.

When I plug in my refurbished ECU with the demon, the fuel pump doesn't prime
and the car doesn't crank.

Could it be the ECU that I received or something was soldered wrong?

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Remove the jumper on j1 and see if the fuel pump will prime, if it wont then you have a bad circuit related to the fuel pump. i have seen c14 go bad and cause this, among other things.

c14 can be replaced with a radioshack bought capacitor of the same capacitance. desolder the two leads underneath remove and replace with new cap in correct orientation(read: this capacitor DOES have a polarity and needs to be soldered back in the correct polarity) and you should be fine. Usually however i have seen that if the c14 has gone bad it leaks its acid all over the board and destroys it, so check around the cap and make sure its not leaking/the board is still usable. A tip for remembering which way the cap goes is to take a quick picture of the board and remember which way the white stripe was facing.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
yea the capacitors will go bad, you replace it with another one.
Normally when its bad it will look like a busted hotdog or have a black'n area around it.

If your looks bad, your have to desolder and solder in a new one.
If yours looks ok, you might wanna grab a volt meter and start pining out the outputs of that ecu.

a bad burn on a chip wont stop the fuel pump from priming.

NOW!!!!!!
neptune rtp does have anti theft, that will disable the fuel injectors and spark output.

So check those things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts