Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i need a walbro 255lph high pressure or low pressure of a z6 forced induction motor.

also, do i need a fuel pressure regualtor with the new fuel pump?

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
it wont matter with that fuel pump...I went with the high pressure but many have said its unnessesary...Your fuel pressure will go up at least 10 PSI with the high pressure pump so a new adjustable regulator is almost mandatory.I put an AEM FPR on mine and it works great, just remember if you get one of those cheap B&M command flo ones it will turn up the pressure but not lower it. :TU:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
190 LPH low pressure unit will be fine.........

Only need the HP units when using a RR FMU......which is now considered a sin.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
190 LPH low pressure unit will be fine.........

Only need the HP units when using a RR FMU......which is now considered a sin.
even with 300+ whp.....a low pressure will be fine?

i posted another thread in the engine building section about fpr's and it was said i wouldnt need one. but im guessing that only goes for the low pressure units, if i get a high pressure, i will need to get a fpr?

also, i have a y8 skunk 2 intake manifold. I need a y8 fuel rail, is this the same for the fuel pump?

thanks

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well shit....

i have one lined up to buy from jaycivicnation for 90 shipped, but its a damn high pressure.

i dont want to tell him i dont want it (i told him id buy it), yet i dont want to spend $180 on a fpr!!

DAMN!!

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
exactly why i went with the LP
well piss.....i guess ill have to turn down the high pressure. i just dont have the money to fork over.

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you are welcome.
for what? You said i needed a high pressure........everyone here says low pressure with out the aftermarket fpr........... i think ill go with the low pressure

1 - 16 of 16 Posts