Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wonderign if a clogged fuel pump (walboro 255) can cause a voltag drop making the battery light come on? i started to notice that my pump was real loud and after i fixed the wriring to the pump the battery light started coming on below 2,000 rpm. i changed the fuel filter today and now the battery light only comes on at idle and the fuel pump isnt as loud. at first at idle it was as loud as when its being primed!! i just wanted an opinion before i dropped the tank this weekend to do some cleaning work to it. its a 89 crx si by the way.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ill have to check that. btu the wire that i fixed was shortign out before but i rewired it. the car came with a kill swith behind the seat so i undid it.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would take a closer look at your alternator

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i figuered it out. it was the wiring for the fuel pump. i had left the connector on there that was previously installed when i removed the pump cut off switch. now the wire is connected directly to where its suppose to go and the alternator is good now. i even removed it this morning and had autozone test it. its all fine now. no battery light or loud fuel pump. now i just need to fix the sputter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts