Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car seems to be have a fuel pump over heating issue. sometimes the car will just stop runnign and when i pull over and try to start it i dont hear the pump prime. after a few minutes i will hear it prime and it starts up fine. even though my car has always run a bit stumbly at idle. the guy todl em the fuel pump is a walbro 250 cause the car was turbocharged at one point but he left the pump in. the car had a cut of switch under the seat for security reasons but i bypassed it but i do notice that that wire gets real hot. i seem to be getting enough fuel preasure. but on my car the fuel preasure gauge is on the fuel filter and i think it only reads preasure before the fuel filter. so im guessign its either the wiring for the cut off switch , fuel filter or maybe a block at the pump anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
I have heard of people needing to change out the fuel pump wires, due to the higher amps the Walbro draws. It's probably the guage of the wire, not the pump that's the actual problem. You might want to check out the main relay also. It might be loosing connection when it gets hot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
main relay? kinda sounds like classic main relay.. I got a car here with walbro pump that has over 100k miles on the pump... zero issue runs every time... no wiring changes ever stock 92cx wiring Pump is probably 6-7 years old now.. don't really remember

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
put the fuel system back to stock, get an oem pump and a new filter

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do i have to drop the tank to get to the pump? besides money is kinda tigth for buyign a new fuel pump if this one is working. plus i still have a vtec head that i need to put on.

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
turns out the wiring for the fuel pump cut off switch was done realy half @$$ed. exposed wires and poor connections. it was shorting out a lot. so i rewired it with no switch. but now my battery light seems to come on at idle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts