Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever bought rock auto fuel pump assembly?
I mean the complete assembly, not just the pump but everything together? I can’t afford the dealer price at the moment so I’m thinking about rock auto.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI, 95 Civic HB CX
2,417 Posts
Why do you need a fuel pump assembly?

Honda designed the OE one well, and should last many decades, as long as the fuel tank was never filled with salt water haha.

Is there a need to change the OE one? Or are you just asking a question about the rockauto quality?

What is the part number of the part you're looking at on their site?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why do you need a fuel pump assembly?

Honda designed the OE one well, and should last many decades, as long as the fuel tank was never filled with salt water haha.

Is there a need to change the OE one? Or are you just asking a question about the rockauto quality?

What is the part number of the part you're looking at on their site?
My needle not giving good reading. I some times it show less than what in the tank and when I drive for awhile, maybe when pressure built up in the tank it shows a higher reading. I did a gauge cluster test and it went fine so I don’t think it’s the gauge cluster that have the problem. It might be the fuel pressure regulator and I Dnt the think that can be replaced without changing the whole assembly. My fuel pump is new and filter also.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah, I know one call ( honda parts now, majestic Honda but I never heard of the Hondaparts online though. Thanks
They’re basically the same. What you could also do is try to find who makes the oem fuel pumps for Honda (could be Bosch but I don’t know) and then see if rockauto sells that. That’ll basically be OEM

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I have a rockauto sourced fuel pump assembly on my 2001 civic. Been just fine for the last 30k miles of driving. Its been sitting since last June, and started occasionally to move the car (spun bearing) and still makes great fuel pressure, even on 1 year old gas.

Dont buy Dorman or "ultra" and you are fine. I think I have the Spectra Premium stuff

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a rockauto sourced fuel pump assembly on my 2001 civic. Been just fine for the last 30k miles of driving. Its been sitting since last June, and started occasionally to move the car (spun bearing) and still makes great fuel pressure, even on 1 year old gas.

Dont buy Dorman or "ultra" and you are fine. I think I have the Spectra Premium stuff
Ok thanks for the information. Even though I don’t like rock auto that much. I bought a set of front lower control arms from them since 2019 in about may and the rubber bushings broke already.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
it is not rockauto's problem if you do not install them correctly. Such as torqueing them while the car is still on jack stands.

Rockauto has been 100% awesome the last 10 years. Not a single problem ever, and customer service has always been freakin golden.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it is not rockauto's problem if you do not install them correctly. Such as torqueing them while the car is still on jack stands.

Rockauto has been 100% awesome the last 10 years. Not a single problem ever, and customer service has always been freakin golden.
If I bought the whole control arm and installed them, not torquing them to spec can’t prevent the rubber from crack so I don’t see any sense in that. The rubber may just old and can’t hold the pressure anymore.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,887 Posts
If I bought the whole control arm and installed them, not torquing them to spec can’t prevent the rubber from crack so I don’t see any sense in that. The rubber may just old and can’t hold the pressure anymore.
theyre meant to be torqued to spec when theyre under load, and not when there is no weight on them lol. if you tighten them while the car is in the air, then they tend to bind and strain because that's not their proper orientation

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
theyre meant to be torqued to spec when theyre under load, and not when there is no weight on them lol. if you tighten them while the car is in the air, then they tend to bind and strain because that's not their proper orientation
Ok but if u don’t lift the car u can’t go under it, if u take off the wheel then there’s no load on that side that u are working on so how that will work?

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
You snug eveyrthing up but leave enough slop for the bushings to settle with the ride height and load of the car, then you squeeze your ass under there and tighten it up.

Your question directly tells me you had everything tight in the air.

Ive seen control arm bushings take a shit 2 weeks after driving all bound up.

Again, not Rockauto's fault for improper installation. Disliking rockauto because of a failed part also doesnt make sense, they dont make the parts.

Otherwise, every single cheap car enthusiast would hate amazon and ebay

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,887 Posts
you would either lower the car with the suspension on a jack stand taking the weight, then tighten to spec.

or put the car on jack stands, and jack the suspension up and torque to spec.

suspension has to be loaded before its torqued in place.

Reactions: EFB055

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
I used to have a metal block with a wheel specer welded to it. It simulated the car being on the ground, but still gave a lot of clearance to adjust things.

Got rid of it when it cracked while torqueing things down, as I did not make it strong enough.

Nowadays, Id just find an old scrap 13 or 14" steelie, cut it flat on one side, and sit it on top of a chunk of wood. Would be a lot safer, stronger, and movable.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.