Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a Z6 stock internals .5 over bore. dsm turbo (custom job) RX-7 injectors 460cc with resistor box. an air to air cooler for now 7 psi. waiting on the 255 fuel pump an ecm (chipped). the ? is should i just use the stock regulator or do i need an adjustable one...... some say yes others say no.... thanks and if so want psi should i start at. tommy

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
you will be fine with the stock fpr

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
i would get one. it never hurts to have more fuel.. id go up a couple psi. i kno when i ran nitrous i think i had mine set 2-3 psi above stock

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
they are not required to boost the engine or to have on a boosted engine.... but if you want one, you can install one. i have one currently on my boosted y7. but....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i would get one. it never hurts to have more fuel.. id go up a couple psi. i kno when i ran nitrous i think i had mine set 2-3 psi above stock

he will have a chipped ecu for adding fuel, i say he is fine with his stock fpr with his setup unless he really wants to push the 460s to their limit

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
i never said he wasnt fine.. i kno u dont NEEED one but id just get one for the fuck of it. its only 50 bucks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys if i really dont need one then thats 50 bucks i can put on a boost controller. would 10psi of boost be pushing it tho.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
you should be ok, there's people pushing 12-14 psi on a stock block. Just make sure you get a good tune.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
yea but upping the pressure would up the hp limits of the 460s
passing the flow ratings of the injector right? well as cool as that sounds.... having a injector fail due to too much pressure is never a good thing, just like running too high on a duty cycle.

basically, is he/she gets to the point where they need to pass the rating of the injector, its time for bigger injectors.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
There's a few of us in nc, sc, and ga. I'm in greenville, sc. Not sure how far that is from you, I'm about 145 from Norcross

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
good deal. yeah Norcross it's about 3.5 to 4 hours north from us. we are n the DEEP south Ga. by the way thanks guys on FPR ? i had started GREAT INFO. THANKS tommy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
passing the flow ratings of the injector right? well as cool as that sounds.... having a injector fail due to too much pressure is never a good thing, just like running too high on a duty cycle.

basically, is he/she gets to the point where they need to pass the rating of the injector, its time for bigger injectors.

agreed...i guess i just felt like mentioning it lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts