Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have just installed a turbo on my 1993 Civic Hatch DX d15B7, now its time to take care of the fuel. I have got a dsm 450cc injectors and a walbro 255 fuel pump. Is the stock FPR ok with the 255? I have an aftermarket FPR but should i even worry about installing it? If I should, can I just run it after the stock one in the return line and just take the vaccum line off the stock one and put on the after market? If I do need the aftermarket one, what is the best way to bypass the stock one, with it still being attached to the fuel rail? I would really like to just splice into the return line after the stock FPR and hook up the new one. But i need to know what i need to do to the stock one in order to do that. (like leave the vaccum line on/off, jam the valve open?) but of course that is only if i do need to even run an aftermarket one with the 255. Some one please help!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
im running a stock fpr walbro 255 and 750cc injectors and i have has zero issues

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
I have a walbro 255 and have been running it with stock FPR for about 5 years, works fine. only time I hear of anyone realy needing an AFPR is when there injectors are maxing out or doing a custom fuel rail setup when converting a returnless fuel system..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,456 Posts
Stock Interga FPR has a bigger bleed hole and will stay in control of the extra flow.

Stock Civic FPR cannot handle the extra flow at idle, you will have 55-60 psi at idle.

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,939 Posts
I know from experience that the following OEM FPRs will work correctly with that setup:

D16A1
D16A6
D16Z6

D16Y8

Check the part number of your FPR in the parts catalogue and see if its the same as the Z6 part no

·
Registered
crx
2,683 Posts
I got mine off a Z6 the same day I picked a Z6 vtec solenoid at the salvage yard. my car has wround 30psi at idle and 42psi under throttle.

my car came with a aem afpr and I sold it for $50 cause I had no use for it once I picked up a stock Z6 fpr.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I guess I'm not going to worry about it then. When I ordered my chipped computer, I had them delete the o2 sensor. Will this cause the car to load up on fuel at idol?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,456 Posts
I got mine off a Z6 the same day I picked a Z6 vtec solenoid at the salvage yard. my car has wround 30psi at idle and 42psi under throttle.

my car came with a aem afpr and I sold it for $50 cause I had no use for it once I picked up a stock Z6 fpr.
So you know the junkyard one was stock and unmodified?

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Also running stock fps on a walbro 255 pump on my d16-t no issue

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,456 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts