Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys i need help bad!! idk why but i have fuel leaking into my exhaust and it goes down my headers all the way down the pipe and leakin out. why would this happen???

I have a D16y8. and at the moment i have an auto p2p ECU,

Anyone have any idea???

UP DATED ON PAGE 2

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where the hell is it coming from?
My guess is that its not burning up in the head and it's getting dumped down the exhaust. but i dont know why it would do that! anyone know?

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i pulled the plugs and they look black and bad. so im going to buy some new one's in the morning but do u think that would fit it?

·
my dd has 1800 ftlbs of torque
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
you sure it is fuel? did you smell it, could it be condensation?

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you sure it is fuel? did you smell it could be condensation?
no its fuel for sure. you can smell it bad and my whole house smells like gas

·
Registered
838 Posts
Well if the gas isn't getting burned then it will be compressed and vaporized and be pushed out the exhaust ports at least to my understanding.

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so u think if i change my plug it should fix it.

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
will def help i mean if they look bad change em no matter if it will fix your problem and are you running a cat?

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
stuck injector(s)

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
will def help i mean if they look bad change em no matter if it will fix your problem and are you running a cat?
I have one but i put the old exhaust on that was on the car befor bec i just needed one on so i could drive to the Exhaust shop tomorrow morning

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, we need more background.

When you say the fuel is leaking out your exhaust, where exactly from? Photo would help.

Have you done any recent work to the car, like fuel pumps or injector swaps or ignition wires or plugs?

Is the car actually running?

Why is your car parked in your house?

Bill

·
Registered
437 Posts
strike a match and follow it back lol, but on a real note if its going all the way back to the muffler thats a hell of a lot of fuel so triple check to make sure its fuel i would think anything dumping that much would make the motor run like crap. but if it is dumping that much it all most has to be a injector

·
Registered
2003 Jeep Rubicon
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, we need more background.

When you say the fuel is leaking out your exhaust, where exactly from? Photo would help.

Have you done any recent work to the car, like fuel pumps or injector swaps or ignition wires or plugs?

Is the car actually running?

Why is your car parked in your house?

Bill
i just swaped the motor in the car like week an a half ago, no fuel or injector swaps. i have new NGK wires and old plugs.

car is running

and its parking in my garage

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
i just swaped the motor in the car like week an a half ago, no fuel or injector swaps. i have new NGK wires and old plugs.

car is running

and its parking in my garage
take it out of your garage if you are going to continue to strat it with this fuel problem, last thing you need is your house blowing up because your fuel leak caught fire...

·
peterbilt
3,890 Posts
take it out of your garage if you are going to continue to strat it with this fuel problem, last thing you need is your house blowing up because your fuel leak caught fire...
agreed i have a real hard time beleiving its fuel i think it is just water and the reason you think it is is because you are running rich. take it outside if it still smells like gas (garage usually makes exhaust smell more) take a match to it and see because i doubt it is. unbolt the colector see if it is leakin out of there.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts