Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post so I just got a l3 tranny for my d15b after blowing a schnro or how ever u spell that ... but now all I need is a fuel pump and. Injectors .. Im aiming for 200-250hp ..8 psi. Home made piping and a t4 .57 trim turbo.. should I get 330 cc injectors for 50 which ere good for 250 to 300 hp. Or 440 cc which are good for 350 to 500 I guess ..

I don't plan on rebuilding internal or upping boost... would the 440 be a waste of fuel since I'm not gonna use even half of the injectors potential? .. the 450 cc are 79 bucks included with resistor pack..330 obviously won't need resistor

·
Registered
270 Posts
Post so I just got a l3 tranny for my d15b after blowing a schnro or how ever u spell that ... but now all I need is a fuel pump and. Injectors .. Im aiming for 200-250hp ..8 psi. Home made piping and a t4 .57 trim turbo.. should I get 330 cc injectors for 50 which ere good for 250 to 300 hp. Or 440 cc which are good for 350 to 500 I guess ..

I don't plan on rebuilding internal or upping boost... would the 440 be a waste of fuel since I'm not gonna use even half of the injectors potential? .. the 450 cc are 79 bucks included with resistor pack..330 obviously won't need resistor
Either way you would be ok. Bigger injectors dont always mean alot of fuel consumption. It really depends on the tune. When they tune it they will most likely turn the injector duty cycle down to even out the a/f. Hense why i have RC 550's with a stock fuel pump and can still put down 240whp and get good MPG's.

So to answer your question it depends on if you plan on upgrading down the road. 440's would be my choice seeing how they can usually sustain around 300whp unless you are on a strict budget. Btw my motor has been in 3 different cars w/ well over 200k on the bottom end and 2 turbo setups. I would def. suggest a good FPR to help keep consistant flow like an aeromotive A1000.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
you do not need a FPR.. waste of money.

440cc injectors will be fine, but i would LOVE to see someone use 440's and make 500hp in a honda motor...

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
please explain to me why you need it for 200-250 hp?

unless you need to up your fuel pressure you do not need a different regulator. know plenty of set ups running 400+ on a stock regulator becuase there is no reason to up the pressure. a aftermarket regulator set at oem pressure doesnt help anything.

440cc injectors and a walbro 255 fuel pump will keep you set for more than what you need for the set up, and give you plenty of breathing room if you want to go some more. better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
please explain to me why you need it for 200-250 hp?

unless you need to up your fuel pressure you do not need a different regulator. know plenty of set ups running 400+ on a stock regulator becuase there is no reason to up the pressure. a aftermarket regulator set at oem pressure doesnt help anything.
I understand your point. So would you advise against a FPR that is vacuum/boost variable? (increases pressure with each 1lbs of boost?)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
why make your regulator up pressure when all you have to do is tune the car to run properly.

the purpose behind it, good. would i buy one? no... i would just tune the car properly where you dont need to up the fuel pressure

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I got the 330 cc injectors and clips .. since I don't need a resistor box how do I install . Clip old clips and just sauder the new ones on ? Special order or anything ? .. I start installation Thursday turbo and all .. the shop wants 280 to tune and 720 to install .. so ill install hat way saves me 720..

So yeah lemme know thanks fellas .. the injectors are denso Nippon high performance 330 cc ...
I don't have the bag infront of me .. so don't quote me

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
actually it would be fine to run an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator

the stock one doesnt flow very well when a walbro 255 is used.

I say buy RDX 410cc injectors. they are such an awesome injector I think they can be compared to 450cc aftermarket injectors or possibly 475cc's!

it does take some effort to make them work. for starters, go on onecamonly and read the FAQ on them. very informative, and partnumbers for the injectors, seals, and the toyota plugs are on there

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
alright so i just wanna double check before i go and fry my injectors like my frozen tv dinner meals.... i have #323250 70080

13.4 OHM
312cc
they are Denso..

Do i need a resistor box or can i just wire these into my harness??

from what google shows.. They apparantly Supra Injectors

light green tops..

if anyone can give me any info on them that would be coolll :-D

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
alright so i just wanna double check before i go and fry my injectors like my frozen tv dinner meals.... i have #323250 70080

13.4 OHM
312cc
they are Denso..

Do i need a resistor box or can i just wire these into my harness??

from what google shows.. They apparantly Supra Injectors

light green tops..

if anyone can give me any info on them that would be coolll :-D
2sec google came up with.
"12 ohms injectors are hi impedance.. low impedance injectors are 2-3ohms"

Now my question to you is do you have pix of them and how they fit? im still in need of injectors and saw a deal on some

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i have had ZERO problems running a walbro 255 on a stock Z6 motor and regulator.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

here they are with clips.. if the bushing or what not dont fit i can sand/ dremel them down to size..

if i can use them with a resistor box that is fine i just wanna make sure i can use them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
and so i found my answer=\ i had it backwards..so i have Saturated injectors aka. High Impedance (12-15 OHM). so i dont need a resistor.. Cool beans.. i just need to make the bushings fit into the manifold.. havent read up on anyone else using supra injectors .. wish me luck fellas .. thanks for the replies & knoweledge & help..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts