Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Civic ex coupe
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a D16y8;
tenzo r short ram, dc 4-1 header, magnaflow muffler, goin with 2 1/4 piping soon.

I want to buy an aobd1 ecu, p28, soon but before i buy that i want to have the proper fuel supply so i can get the most out of the tune.
Any reccomendations on injectors?
and as for the fuel rail, i dont know much about it but i was thinking about going aem, maybe theyres better ones for cheaperr?

Also, doing a all motor build btw.

help is much appreciated guys, thanks.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
stock injectors (obd1(240cc)) also stock fuel pressure reg and a stock fuel rail. will work fine for what youre doing. stock will be your best for cheapest. if you really plan on making some power N/A(above 150hp) once you do, you could get better flowing more efficent injectors like rdx injectors they have a way better spay patteren.or some after market ones

but you really should do some searching around to get this info. i just looked at my stats for this site and i have made 3 topics so far since i started, and one was a DIY so i have only asked 2 questions since i have been here. and i will bet i know probably 60% more info then 1 month ago, when i signed up

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,831 Posts
i dont get it tho, how does a acura rdx injector fit in place of a d series injector??
google should have told you this since i didnt know and just searched how to do it just to tell you.

you need to get the injector holes bored from 11mm to 14mm to fit them and then they should just go in and you have to splice a plug on to the wires to plug the injector in

they are just really good for the cost at about 40$ each but then the work to make them work you can just buy aftermarket injectors what will work just as good but cost more per injector but you dont need the machine work. so it might even out.

these could work and there is even a diy and its form this site
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/142593-go-autoworks-injector-dynamics-install-walk-through-id1000.html

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
RDX's were good 4 years ago.

Now a days when you compare cost to CC outage there is way better options out there. Siemens Deka 4's are one of the best, they have them in 60lb/hr, 80lb/hr and 220lb/hr. That's 630cc, 875cc, and 2433cc this is at 43.5psi. Prices are even better $49.99/$54.99/$169.99 respectively(This is MSRP you can find them way cheaper). You don't need any adapters or spacers since they have them in both 48mm and 60mm sizes and both EV1(OBD1) and EV6(OBD2) connectors.

Last time I checked ID's still needed spacers and adapters and cost way more....

EDIT: Yes you need to open up your fuel rail by 3mm's for these to work but that's nothing, took me less then 3mins to do it on my stock rail. They sell rails now that are already 14mm too...

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Check out DeatschWerks injectors, too.

420cc and 550cc are much better sizes for an NA application. They'll fit between the rail without having to space the rail, and they come with the correct connectors so you don't have to mess with sourcing them like you would with the RDX injectors.

·
Registered
97 civic lx
967 Posts
You don't need to swap anything out. You have a stock y8 with basic bolt-ons, buying aftermarket injectors/rail is a waste of money.
agree'd. theres no extra air flowing into the engine, its just flowing more efficiantly.

if compression was bumped up, or forced induction was introduced, than more efficiant (bigger) injectors would be needed.

personally, i feel like an aftermarket fuel rail is a waist of money no matter what its for. its just something to add to the bling factor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts