Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently building a budget boost D16Z6. i plan on running 8 Psi of boost. i am almost positive the factory fuel injectors are not up 2 the task (i already have the aftermarket 255lph fuel punp). Since this is a budget project i have a set of injectors from a B18C1 layin around the shop, and i am curious to know the flow rating of the injector. i need to figure out how to tune the ECU correctly. i think those can handle the boost. any help would be wonderful. thank u.

·
Registered
122 Posts
um, definitely change to at least 310cc cuz if you were to boost on the stock 240cc injectors you will be at 94% injector duty

·
Registered
258 Posts
SpeedyCRX said:
I am currently building a budget boost D16Z6. i plan on running 8 Psi of boost. i am almost positive the factory fuel injectors are not up 2 the task (i already have the aftermarket 255lph fuel punp). Since this is a budget project i have a set of injectors from a B18C1 layin around the shop, and i am curious to know the flow rating of the injector. i need to figure out how to tune the ECU correctly. i think those can handle the boost. any help would be wonderful. thank u.
Disclaimer - I am math impaired for the most part, feel free to make corrections to my post!

Here are some approximate HP levels vs flow rates...

310cc 200~220whp
370cc 220~280whp
440cc 280~330whp

Most flow rates are calculated at 38PSI

That's about 1.48cc per HP in a 4 cylinder Honda at stock pressure.

Your B18C1 makes around 170Hp in its stock form, which would require 250cc injectors, maxed out. So 250cc is a minimum guess, since I don't know if teh GSR fuel pump is running at 38PSI or not.

Your D16Z6 makes about 125Hp in it's stock form. Throwing 8PSI in it could easilly surpass the 170Hp capabilities of the GSR squirters. As you reach the limits of the injectors, you will go lean. Lean is bad.

You can achieve a higher flow rate, by increasing the fuel pressure. This could be a CommandFlow type of solution. Reasonable if you don't set it to some crazy high pressure, but not elegant. You don't mention if your high flow rate pump is the low or high pressure version, so I cannot make any suggestions there...

I would at least consider going with the 310s. That will safely get you into 200Hp range, and it is well established that even 450s can run well on the stock pump/pressure.

Craig

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
B20BbenN said:
D16Z6 and B18c injector are 240cc like all D-serie and B-serie injector
*except the D16Y7 injector, 180cc*
edit*92-00 D&B-series*
yep yep there is no difference between the two.

Get some dsm 450s with resistors and you'll be set

1 - 8 of 8 Posts