Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night i pulled my dirty/clogged injectors and sat them in some gas and left them over night. this morning i pulled them and cleaned them off getting all the left over crud that wasnt left in the tank of gas.

i hooked them up and now they are squirting not spraying. better than nothing right?

so instead of waiting til tomorrow for a shop to open up i came up with an idea.

pull one injector out and set in a dummy injector to keep the pressure in the rail.

now take the pulled injector and put the harness clip back on. grab a piece of hose and slide it onto the top of the injector.

now on the other end of the hose place a small funnel into the hose. add a cap of gas and a cap of seafoam. now get in the car and turn the motor over. let the gas and seafoam cylce though until its fully spraying like it should be.

now pull the fuel rail again and replace and repeat with the next injector.

now i havent tested this idea but im about to. will let you guys know how it goes.

would like some feedback on the idea also. will it work? will it damage anything? etc.. lmk.

·
Registered
1990 civic 4 door LX
2,121 Posts
It sounds like it would theoretically work but I've never done it. I also need a solution for a few injector sets I have that aren't flowing as should

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it semi worked.. but like paul said.. i need more pressure.. it wasnt spitting fully becuase of the pressure not being there.

trying to think up a way to build the pressure..

but for when it did go through it was spraying more than it was squirting..but like i said.. not enough pressure to give real results..

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
I did this once. I used my old fuel pump from when I swapped it out for the walbro. Just set the pump in a tank of whatever cleaner you use and run a hose from the fuel pump to the top of the injector. Then I used a batt charger to run the pump. I like your idea of hooking it to the injector clips though. I used a 9 v battery to pulse mine, but I think you can damage them if you keep them open too long. The only problem I had was it would be better to have a way to regulate the fuel pressure, because the pump wants to push the hose off.

Another idea for pressure is to make a tank with 2 fittings on it. A hose barb at the bottom and an air compressor fitting at the top. Fill it with cleaner and hook the fuel injector hose to the bottom and an air compressor to the top. Then set air regulator on the compressor to 20 PSI or so. Just make sure you use a tank that can take the pressure.

GLWT

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats actually two great ideas just too bad i dont have either at my disposal.

ill be damned in i take that pump out again i hate doing that.. i just got my back seat back in too...

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
DIY fuel injector cleaner!!!!!!!! I thought about making something like this, but I have way more idea's then time and energy to do them all.

·
Registered
300 Posts
As much as I am all for DIY projects, this is one that may not be worth the effort.

For all the time and money you are going to spend on building something to attempt to get the results you desire, why not send them off for a professional to do and you can be 100% sure about your results getting before and after results.. cost would be $50 total for 4 injectors http://d-series.org/forums/d-series-org-affiliates/80916-fuel-injector-cleaning-special-members.html
Visually an injector can "spray" properly, but volume wise can be way off. When I say visually, I am saying visually for someone who has seen thousands of the same injector, not a guy in his driveway saying it "looks" good.

·
Banned
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As much as I am all for DIY projects, this is one that may not be worth the effort.

For all the time and money you are going to spend on building something to attempt to get the results you desire, why not send them off for a professional to do and you can be 100% sure about your results getting before and after results.. cost would be $50 total for 4 injectors http://d-series.org/forums/d-series-org-affiliates/80916-fuel-injector-cleaning-special-members.html
Visually an injector can "spray" properly, but volume wise can be way off. When I say visually, I am saying visually for someone who has seen thousands of the same injector, not a guy in his driveway saying it "looks" good.
as much as i would love to to send mine off to be cleaned i cant. i dont have the time.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts

ive sent all my injectors through you guys....

great work fast turn around and you know how clean you injectors are.....if they are still good etc.......welll worth the money

if you want to clean at home just put some lucas fuel treatment in your tank for the next 10 or so fill ups then every other there after

1 - 18 of 18 Posts