Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have a H23 I am doing an all motor build on and then swapping into my CRX. The basic plan is as follows:

p&p head, crower stage 3 cams, h22 type s pistons (roughly 12.5:1), and a custom smsp 4-1 H23 header.

That's the basics I'll mention at this point for the build but I can't decide between fuel injection or carbs on my ITB's when I build them. Any input? I know both easily improve throttle response and will be well suited for my type of build so what do ya'll think?

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just debating between going carb'd or fuel injected. My friend suggested I do carbs and coil only and remove all the other wires, lines, etc. I'm kinda liking that idea cause other than changing out jets and tuning the carbs, I wouldn't have to worry about engine managment, etc. since the timing and fuel would be controlled mechanically. Atleast I'm pretty sure that was the overall idea. I'm just trying to get some feed back on how that would effect the overall driveability.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
carbs = more peak power, but you won't get the drivability to will get from tuneable, mapable, fuel injected setup.

Carbs are good for WOT, ITB's are good for everything else, but still very close at WOT. Is this a daily driver, or a drag whore?
Daily driven? ITB, otherwise carb could be a good choice. It really depends on the use of the car.

You might consider moving the fuel injectors up the runners farther from the head. Slightly less drivability, but better fuel atomization. Kinda a compromise.
...orrr you can go with standoff injectors ;)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GsKNbsDqEPs&mode=related&search=

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
If you tune carbs, you can drive it everyday..... I drive mine everyday. Call Bisi @ Bisimoto he will tell you how it is with carbs...

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
If you tune carbs, you can drive it everyday..... I drive mine everyday. Call Bisi @ Bisimoto he will tell you how it is with carbs...
I didn't say you can't, but its not going to be as friendly as fuel injection with tuneable map as well as and sensors to adjust for temp and altitude, and when the engine is cold etc. Both are good, ITB is better for street though.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Thanks for all the input ya'll.

BTW, that ITB vid is sick.

EDIT: Another concern of mine is which will take up more space since the H23 is going to be a tight fit into my CRX as it is?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts