Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
fuel filter? car boggs lean

my car keeps bogging but usually if i give it more gas it pushes through. when i do bogg it goes lean, and about 500 miles ago a ran out of gas

fuel filter?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
How many miles are on the fuel filter? My crx with a 210,000 fuel filter would bog so much that at one point cruising in the highway just shut off and wouldn't start. After a few cranks later turned on, got a new fuel filter and hasn't bogged since.

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never changed it and i got 130k on the chasis

noob speaking- where is it?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i never changed it and i got 130k on the chasis

noob speaking- where is it?
It is right there next to the battery bolted to the firewall i believe on the 5th gen and is black with a bango bolt. Or to simply put it follow the fuel line from the fuel rail and leads to the fuel filter.:p

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i changed mine out a few days ago and it seemed to make a small difference-

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I try and change mine every 30k miles. You never know what these fuel companies put in their fuel anymore. Its a cheap insurance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Maybe fuel pump going out but sounds almost like your fuel relay is clicking out.I would try (with the car off)jumping your fuel pump and see if it stays running.

·
i shoot stuff
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmmm i did notice an unusual clicking, it seemed to be coming from around the intake manifold

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont know what that could be.But I'm talking about your main relay under your dash sholud look like a grey box with 1 bolt holding it in.It controls the power for your ecu,fuel pump.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts