Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZC in a crx

so i just got this baby alll together and first time driving it since i got it..... Feels great, Strong, only problem is the diff might be going bad. other than that my big problem is this fuel cut out feeling

whenever i just hit any boost its like im hitting a rev limiter...

im running a y7 map, dsm 450 w/ resistor, bkr7e.... stock fuel pump but i do have a 255 laying around i have run stock fuel pumps without major problems thats why i figured to be lazy for a little

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a lc1... it looks like the fuel going to it when going in to boost looks awesome(safe) like 10s 11s but then it just reads lean when i hit the "fuel cut" feeling

i do remember seeing my spark plugs looking little oiled up or something im going to take a picture...

i basically feels like when you dont let your car warm up and you hit boost and it just rev limits... so it probably is ignition

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i just got a little excited to start hitting boost... it just started rippin... what are the gaps supposed to be for bkr7e?

wooo tho fun spinning tires again effortlessly

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
thanks guys i just got a little excited to start hitting boost... it just started rippin... what are the gaps supposed to be for bkr7e?

wooo tho fun spinning tires again effortlessly
Mines are around .28
9.5psi from a t25 from am sr20, jolds goood but think im blowing out right b4 redline.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright figure i would update you guys but thanks from christbone i realized since i have VSS not connected and there is a launch control my ecu was thinking i was at a standstill at all times so its perfect now

what i dont understand is it would randomly stop and let me boost and rip everywhere

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
alright figure i would update you guys but thanks from christbone i realized since i have VSS not connected and there is a launch control my ecu was thinking i was at a standstill at all times so its perfect now

what i dont understand is it would randomly stop and let me boost and rip everywhere
Why no vss?
And not sure you running crome?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no vss because there is a ghetto rigged one on when i got it with just two wires barely dangling. its on crome

how much does a vss effect reading maps? my thought was there is a vac/boost column and rpm column so it doesnt need vehicle speed

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
you dont need the VSS, but sometimes it will recognize the code and let it go past, sometimes it wont, some of them are finicky.

but ya. .030 or smaller gap is typical and it sounds like your on the right track.

when your tuning go into 3rd or 4th gear and rub the brakes around every 500rpm, this will push the turbo into the highest load ranges you can and you can get a good smooth af while building boost.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
no vss because there is a ghetto rigged one on when i got it with just two wires barely dangling. its on crome

how much does a vss effect reading maps? my thought was there is a vac/boost column and rpm column so it doesnt need vehicle speed
Vss dpesnt effect fuel to much but its used for gearing. Rpm vs speed tells the ecu what gear your in. Also 2step goes off of vss.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
2step launch controller same thing. Which is said he was running.
And vtec has nothing to do with anything.
it does if you set up anti-lag 2step in crome regular. you set launch control at an rpm higher than your vtec engagement and because your vss reads your not moving it will read the non vtec map. above the vtec point of the low cam map u retard the timing and add fuel and will produce anti-lag 2step.

i always refer to regular "2 step" as launch control. we already identified this was the cause of the problem why he started this thread. I told him to move his launch control to his rev limiter or higher and it fixed the problem.

·
Registered
473 Posts
you dont need the VSS, but sometimes it will recognize the code and let it go past, sometimes it wont, some of them are finicky.

but ya. .030 or smaller gap is typical and it sounds like your on the right track.

when your tuning go into 3rd or 4th gear and rub the brakes around every 500rpm, this will push the turbo into the highest load ranges you can and you can get a good smooth af while building boost.
(brake boost)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts