Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Idk if its all of Napa, just the workers in my area, or the one guy I had.... But fuck I kept saying Civic VX... and the guys like there is no VX option or a VTEC-E.

Fucking bullshit, how come I can find it on the damn website.

It doesn't help that I have a JDM D15b, and its 3 stage which just confuses everyone.

Anyways long story short; my tensioner pulley is going out, I'm taking classes now so I have no time to work on the car. I let my mech have it, told him Civic VX. My mech wants to change the whole belt (since it will be off anyways, but I didn't want to in order to avoid this confusion)..... Apparently Napa doesn't have this "VX VTEC-E" in the system.

Also, since the motor is (in Japan) from the Ek, the mech asked where its from I told him "96 VI in Japan" and the Napa rep proceeded to tell me/him its a 1.6L in there.

I'm fed, up and just needed to get it out there I guess, but.. How can I find it on their own website when the guy behind the counter can't even tell me if the part is for a EX,VX,LX etc.

Now that I am on a comp i have all the part #'s and will have to get this shit straightened out myself.

·
Registered
95 EX
326 Posts
NAPA brand is Gates. I'm a store manager for NAPA in Little Rock. The other ooption we carry is a company called Altrom which is specifically made for import cars. Not saying the quality is any better. Comparible to WorldPac.

·
Registered
99 accord ex/ 98 ek
238 Posts
I think D- sedires should come out with their own brand n fuck everybody lol

·
Registered
96 civic cx hatch
152 Posts
word on napa being gate's....mechanic by trade so i get the hookup with them...

and idk why your having trouble, on our corporate site it list's 4 motor 1.6, 1.6, vtec and vtec-e and ALSO napa's gasket's are made by fel-pro for about 1/2 the price

but welcome to the lovely world of frankefuck car's....my motor has part's from 6 different motor's on it...it's crazy and it doesnt help that napa/auto zone/advace/etc hire's dumb fuck's that have never turned a wrench a day in there life...just can pass a piss test :(

·
Registered
95 EX
326 Posts
Sigh my mech is good but those working at napa are fucking me over. Right now I have a D16y7 belt on my D15b.... fuckinh redic.
Well i can agree with the 'tards they hire. Bad thing is, we have no control of who is hired, its all done at corporate. But on a side note, if anyone needs a part or part #, pm me with the info and I can get some part #'s and pricing if need be

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
In my experience, NAPA customer service varies greatly from store to store. Clearly they are franchises and each owner has control over the level of service (and skill of it's staff).

I ordered a list of parts from the website to pick up in the store, and got a call from the store that I needed to come in and pay for the parts before they would order them (wtf? that sort of defeats the whole purpose of ordering them up online for pickup...?).

I stopped at a different NAPA store (with my printed list of parts ordered from the other store in hand) and placed the same order, they placed it and I picked it up the next morning, and I didn't have to place a deposit.

Go figure.

·
Registered
982 Posts
This site has a lot of the 3-stage maintenance parts(and if you look through it some crossreferences)

Honda P08 P2A Timing Belt Tensioner

Product Description (Tensioner)
This is a sale for a brand new OEM Honda Civic Del Sol D15Z1, D16Z6, D16Z7, D15B VTEC, D16A VTEC, ZC SOHC VTEC, D13B D14A4, D15Z4, D15Z6, D15Z7, 3-stage VTEC D15B, D16Y1, D16Y4, D16Y5, D16Y7, D16Y8 Timing Belt Tensioner, Roller & Bracket from Nippon Seiko (NSK) or Koyo Seiko (Koyo), Japan. It will fit aforementioned D-series engines from 92-00.

Honda part number:
14510-P08-003

Honda P2A Timing Belt

Product Description(Timing Belt)
This is a sale for a brand new genuine 96-00 JDM Honda Civic Vi D13B D14A4 D15Z4 D15Z5 D15Z9 D15Z6 VTEC E D15Z7 D15B 3 Stage VTEC 103RU24 Timing Belt from Honda Motors, Japan.

This is the original timing belt for the 130ps JDM D15B 3 Stage SOHC VTEC engine.

Honda Part Number:14400-P2A-004

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Whatever you do don't ever buy one of their radiators, my wives CR-V went through 2 of them in a year and a half. I finally threw it in the trash and went to Advanced!

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
Whatever you do don't ever buy one of their radiators, my wives CR-V went through 2 of them in a year and a half. I finally threw it in the trash and went to Advanced!
I go to advanced everytime, if not advanced then o'rileys.

·
Registered
95 EX
326 Posts
I go to advanced everytime, if not advanced then o'rileys.
Worked at both places before I came to NAPA, as store managers for both. All the part stores carry the same parts by the same vendors except for chassis and brakes and few other lines, but most are the same. Not that I'm taking up for NAPA by any means, just our radiators are the same, any reman-ed part (boosters, dist, master cyl, etc etc) is the same, ALL made by A1 Cardone. I think a lot of it is manufacturers having bad batches of product. When I worked for Advance, we had a shit ton of Optima batteries going bad. Eeryone was like wtf, these are supposed to be good batteries. Come to find out there was a problem. Go figure.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts