Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well iw as taking off and iw as on my car pretty good and when i went to hit 3rd it wouldnt go in the i came to a stoe and it would go but now when i have it in 2nd it pops out of gear when coasting in gear and it makes a weird nosie like a chain clinking around sorta and it seemes ot want ot come out of 1st 3rd and 4th also but it doesnt come out just the shifter like jerks a little?? i think one of the bearing went bye bye or did i lose a motor mount????

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so i got under the car and theres oil dripping out form the bell housing did i lose the pilot shaft bearing???

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
You blew some kind of bearing. I did it on my STD trans, which is why I went to a Si trans when I did. I blew the driver side bearing right where the axle goes in, whatever bearing that is.

:fruit:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
ISB is toast, likely other major damage as well.

Usually with that amout of damage the outer race has to be cut out, that takes over a hour for me to do witha dremel.

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
that was chris' old transmission. Always made that "funny noise" since we took it out of his car like 2 years ago.

:(

I'll see if I can get that dx 5-speed to you

·
Registered
1993 trans am
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trying to get bens dx tranny but ive never done a honda tranny lol this could be fun

1 - 10 of 10 Posts