Honda D Series Forum banner

FS: "Stage 3" Z6 VTEC camshaft

354 views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  4CleanDoors 
#1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is a unknown brand D16Z6 camshaft. Selling it because I'm going non-VTEC, never got a chance to push it with the cam(it did start, idle sort of rough).
I bought this last year on this board; the previous owner said it was a modified/custom Crower 3 camshaft. Turns out, it's not(verified by Crower).

Anyways, the only defect I can find is minor pitting on one of the VTEC lobes. A machine shop(John West) and tuner shop(Phantasm) said it should be OK since it'll fill up with oil:

Comparison(D15B cam on the left):

The aftermarket cam looks like the VTEC lobe is about the same(probably a tad more lift since the base is lower), but the non-VTEC lobe is much bigger than the D15B one(more mid-range).

Here the exhaust lobes seems to have a tad more lift with more way more duration(hard to see).

The camshaft needs a woodruff key if the cam gear doesn't have a built in one(stock gear is fine).
Price is $70 shipped to 48states, OBO. I'm located in Raleigh, NC.

Note: I will ship the camshaft in a Crower box but IT IS NOT A CROWER CAM!!!

See less See more
#3 ·
It'll work in a Y8, just have to correct the timing.

Sorry for the blurry pics, it's a Kodak camera. My sister has a Canon one thats way better but she's out of town right now.

#6 ·
Yes it'll work in a Y8.

I want to say it'll work on the stock valvetrain since the overall lift increase doesn't look that much, but I never pushed it so I don't know(I had it on stock valvetrain also, but most I ever did was rev it while idle).

#12 · (Edited)
Same here, I went everywhere to try to figure it out. Only markings on it are "P" and "R1".

PM replied

still up for grabs since no one has committed to buying it.

#17 · (Edited)
Bump, best offer by Sunday takes it.

Also, will trade+cash(for the confused ones, as in I give you cam and cash) for a Y7 head or a semi-bare Z6 head.

#18 ·
Hey man, I got 45 shipped to 23456, Virginia Beach, VA.

Not too far from you, shipping shouldn't be bad.

And you said that there was no install problems with it? Will be going in my z6 head. Thanks.

Pm me for information.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.