Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems with my 01 civic LX front suspension. It is rattling and noisy. I raise the car and check it, all bushings looks OK, just when move the wheel side-to-side the looks like the spring is moving (sliding) on its base (upper).

I am having this problem some time ago... Get the strut out of the car. Disassemble the strut and everything, check lower arm bushings, bump stop, etc. and they are OK. Reassemble the strut (not any new part) and the problem is gone for about 3 months. Then it start again, first a little, then it go worse...

Now I will put new KYB's in the front with new Tein S-tech or Eibach (all 4). Any of you had the same problem? What part you think causes the problem???

P.S.
Any DIY with pictures???

·
Registered
311 Posts
i just think your spring wasent seated plus changing the suspension on this is easy man you allready did the front with what you just said and the rear is eseayer just a tip from experience have a torch ready not only are the bolts a bitch in the rear but the one holding the strut and the bushing is almost always seised and yould have to cut out the bushing to get the strut out

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know how to disassemble everything, but having that problem and asking if anyone is having a problem like, or what could be my problem.

·
Registered
my civic
780 Posts
that is true so i got lower control arms and set the impact to 4 spun the heads off oh well i took it all out in one section but if your just doing the coilovers than i wouldnt do that my trailing arm bushings were shot i went with the eibiachs awsome very cool and easy to install anyone know what the bushings are in front of the trailing arm ones two litlle ones on a little bar hard to explain just wondering if anyone knows

·
Registered
311 Posts
lol get a pic and ill tell you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts