Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm dropping a built & boosted D16Y8 (~250-300whp) into a 95 EG chassis. It will be a DD, keeping in mind the future of track/auto-x/whatever is fun but sanctioned. I just bought an innovative motor mount kit (60a) and in the spirit of being thorough, want to replace the front stabilizer mounts as well.

I'm attempting to find some info on the front mounts (bolted into the tranny and the AC bracket), referred to by hondapartsdeals.com as rubber stopper insulators (part # 50841-SR3-030 & 50842-SR3-030).

First, do I understand the function of these parts correctly, are they there to absorb vibration? At first I thought they were for torque, but the rear mount seems to be built to handle torque.

Second, will OEM stopper insulators compliment the 60a innovative mounts or be useless in this setup? Is there a better alternative?

What I've found in the search engine are threads that seem to dance around the purpose of these mounts, focusing on the actual motor mounts. This will be the first thread (according to google) with "stopper insulator" in it, so I can only assume they go by some other name than that or stabilizers.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
1: Yes, in OEM form, those mounts are to absorb vibration. BUT once start putting inserts in them...then thats a different answer.

2: OEM will be useless with them 60a mounts. If you want something to compliment your innovative mounts, get inserts for them.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for answering my questions, but as usual the answers yield more questions.

What is the most common name this part has? Not knowing what the industry calls it is making the search a PITA.

Do you know of anyone who sells inserts for this? Energy and Prothane inserts don't seem to cover this part.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm not 100% sure but I think they call em torque mounts.

I have a set in my car, but I bought em used and now I don't remember what brand they were.

Nick

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Thanks for answering my questions, but as usual the answers yield more questions.

What is the most common name this part has? Not knowing what the industry calls it is making the search a PITA.

Name: Torque Mounts

Do you know of anyone who sells inserts for this? Energy and Prothane inserts don't seem to cover this part.

Yes they do. Because I have them. LOL
Clicky Clicky
I dont know what kind of chassis you have so I just went with mine. 98

·
Registered
2001 TL1000R
509 Posts
buy new mounts from autozone or advance- i just did this,they are front left(drivers side) lower engine mount and also considered front mount(this is the trans side mount) they are $18-25 a piece... then get a tube or two of poly urethane window seal (in a caulk tube) and fill them (OR homedepot sells poly urethane flashing seal(for chimneys) and that will work too- this will work great to compliment your innovative 60a mounts and not hard to find and cheap!:)

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Aha! I wasn't considering their motor mount kit included this. I'll check out the Advance/Autozone solution as well, around here they will probably have to order it.

Sammo, I owe ya rep since I gotta spread the love. Thanks guys! And thanks to the mod who moved the thread, wasn't too sure where it belonged. :bigok:

Edit: for reference, here is a damn good DIY for filling the torque mounts with poly. (Link)

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yep, torque mounts...and if you have both the trans side and A/C mount side together they do more more than you think. Definitely help with engine weight transfer in the higher rpms which in turn help you with smoother shifts.

I would remove each mount and do a DIY polu fill on each.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts