Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
coupe and hatch
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my ex model my front lower control arms, the bushings are starting to wrip. Can i simply just remove them with just getting the bushing kit or do i have to purchase the whole control arm setup ? which I ve found a set of two for just under 100 bucks on ebay? Anyone know of a cheap yet reliable place that i could pick these up at without being cheap products or a rip off?:pinch::clover:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not sure about in the US, but on my EP1 here in the UK, i got the LCA bushes for about £15 each from Honda, but when i asked for ball joint's they told me i had to buy a whole new arm (£170!!). I managed to find some on ebay though and all is well now.

It affects handling big time though, the front end felt really stiff and responsive once i replaced the torn out bushes. Why not just go Poly Bush if your keeping the car long term?

·
Premium Member
89 CRX Si
1,041 Posts
There are a variety of options...what awebb describes is the most common approach. There are also companies that sell stock control arms with bushing made from harder than stock rubber already installed, and the price is pretty reasonable. Getting the old bushings out can be a bit of a beotch if you lack a press (there's always the flame wrench though).

·
Registered
coupe and hatch
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all will be ordering energy suspension kit and maybe ill geta chance to add the whole tune up to the rest of the suspension !

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
how much to push the full energy sus kit in. ie for all the bushings that come in the box
Bumping dead thread and derailing it all in one sentence...

·
Registered
33 Posts
this is a super common problem on this gen civic. see them broken all the time (i work at a honda dealer)
you need a good press. takes a few hours the 1st time a noob does it.

i can have em off, install bushings and back on in 30 min

·
Registered
64 Posts
Since when can you pay someone to work on your car? I'm not understanding the concept behind this
who the fuck are you bitch. and all this fag talk for what reason are you just wanting to suck me off undercover style . the answer is no you cant suck me off and stop sending me pm asking for you to suck me off

1 - 15 of 15 Posts