Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im wondering if a 96-98 style civic front lip will fit on a 1995 delsol. a friend ofmine is selling his carbon fiber one for 50 and if it fits i would like to pickit up. thanks.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
buy it and try it. if it wont fit sell it to me. lol
Lol
Usually they need slightly modified to fit the del sol. Buy it and try it. I call second dibbs if you sell it!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha alright. yea the kid said the lip isn't messed up at all but when he was taking it off one ofthe mounting holes cracked so im sure it can be fiberglassed and be fine.

·
Registered
del Sol si '94
2,539 Posts
thanks. Had to trim all the little support webs out of the oem sir lip to fit over the plastic under-pan that is under the front bumper on mine. dont know if the cf one has them

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
Shaving & cutting is what you will need to do. See the last page of my build thread. I just cut a sedan lip to fit my bumper.

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
ES1 Civic
11,969 Posts
So while the car is in the shop, I decided to shave the front lip that I bought. Being as though I bought it, knowing that it came from a 95 civic sedan, I knew that I would have to shave it to fit my coupe.

Before:

With cutting diagram:

After the shaving:

I also started painting it gloss black so it will be ready for the coupe when it returns from the shop. If for any reason, it doesnt fit perfectly, I will shave what little is left to shave off. Wont be too much more but I measured twice so...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts