Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it completely necessary to remove the front grill after installing an intercooler? I havent had a turbo civic before but im curious how much clearance is there in the front? I want to keep it somewhat stealthy and keep the stock grill in place if i can. All the builds I see everyone takes it out is that because it doesnt fit or just a look thing?

93 CX Hatch. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
It worked fine on my sedan.

It's probably an airflow thing, anything in front of the intercooler will disrupt the airflow and somewhat affect it's cooling ability. I haven't had any problems with mine and I still have my license plate in front of it, but I'm not pushing a whole lot of power. Check out my build thread if you want to see pics with the grill still in place.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is 27x3x7.5 Im not running a lot of power either. It will be for my daily driver with a 15g turbo. Think it will fit behind the grill?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Only way to tell will be to mount it and see. It will probably be pretty close. I your worried about it being stealthy and you have to cut it out, paint it black.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
make sure the paint is for radiators. radiator paint doesnt act as an insulator of sorts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts