Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,612 Posts
I noticed for a long time now that my steering wheel always moving back whenever I go over a pavement, I’m the slightest pothole or if the road is uneven. I changed tie rod in and outer portions. Changed control arms because the bushings shattered, but I still having the steering movement issues. Not shore why, my next bet is the ball joint that can cause that slappy steering feeling.
Did you get an alignment yet?

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,229 Posts
I bet the rack is shot and needs a rebuild.

Reactions: Nasty_Canasta

·
Registered
'93 / '95 Del Sol Si - '95 DX Coupe - '98 Civic Hatch - '00 Accord EX F23 Manual
2,277 Posts
When the balljoints get bad, they usually make a ton of noise. A lot of people put crap coilovers on their car and think the coilovers are making noise when they steer. But a lot of times, it's the lower balljoints making that sound. When you hear that gnarly squeek, it's probably the ball joint. I know for certain that the crap coilovers I tested for fun put serious and unneccessary strain on my balljoints. Enough to obviously crack them both from taking the brunt of Michigan bumps.

In your case, with new tie rods, I would also say there is something up with your rack.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I suspect the service manual (either Honda or Haynes) will have steps on how to rebuild it.
I think I have a Haynes manual but it’s kinda off a little. Wish I could get the Honda type but it seems expensive.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts