Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I need your help. I upgraded my front brake to EX 10.2'' with nuckles/caliper/disk. I kept stock MC and PV on the LX '99.

I I've 'bled' the lines like it should in RR/FL/RL/FR order. I've tried few times, I have to pump the pedal 4-5 quickly and there you got pressure and pedal hold it for 1-2 minute without going down. I release the pedal, I push again, NO FUCKIN' pressure and brake pedal goes directly to the floor each times.

I don't see any leaks, and like I said, once pedal pumped, it holds the pressure, so if it would have a leak, pedal would go down.

I have to mention, I removed stock knuckles/calipers few months ago, and master cylinder was empty for this time.

No bubbles come out the bleeders, oil came out correctly. It's the first time I got this kind if issue. Is it the MC went bad or not enough big ? Prop valve leaking ? calipers or wheel cylinders ?

What do you think ?

Thank you

·
VTEC withdrawals
i "ride" yo momma
1,339 Posts
o god i had this issue and i cannot seem to remmeber what did it. it wasnt big. o and try bleeding in this order rr/lr/rf/lf...dont push the pedal all the way in or youll kill the seals in the mc

EDIT: remembered ...i just bled em

·
Registered
495 Posts
When you open up (a can of worms...) the master cylinder a lot of air gets into the system. Bench bleed the master than bleed one circuit of the hydraulic system at a time, then move to the next (rr->lf->lr->rf)

Or if your a lazy college student like I am you can spend sub-$100 and buy a rockin' tool that gives me a boner every time I use it:

Motive Products 0251 - Motive Products Power Bleeder Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

·
Registered
765 Posts
When you open up (a can of worms...) the master cylinder a lot of air gets into the system. Bench bleed the master than bleed one circuit of the hydraulic system at a time, then move to the next (rr->lf->lr->rf)

Or if your a lazy college student like I am you can spend sub-$100 and buy a rockin' tool that gives me a boner every time I use it:

Motive Products 0251 - Motive Products Power Bleeder Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Even Better!

http://www.russellperformance.com/mc/speed/import.shtml

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've tried bench bleeding today, no bubble anymore. No ABS, pedal still going to the floor, I have to pump it 4-5 time quickly to get some pedal pressure.

When I've done the bench bleeding, I disassembled the MC to see the rubber cups, and they look like brand new like the cylinder wall. I can't see what is the issue.

My MC is 13/16, perhaps it's too small to feed the front brake upgrade ? I'm thinking to borrow a bigger MC from a friend of mine to see how a 15/16 would work.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I've tried bench bleeding today, no bubble anymore. No ABS, pedal still going to the floor, I have to pump it 4-5 time quickly to get some pedal pressure.

When I've done the bench bleeding, I disassembled the MC to see the rubber cups, and they look like brand new like the cylinder wall. I can't see what is the issue.

My MC is 13/16, perhaps it's too small to feed the front brake upgrade ? I'm thinking to borrow a bigger MC from a friend of mine to see how a 15/16 would work.

15/16" MC should do the trick!

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So what would help me, ? I'm tired of bleeding brakes. There is no bubble neihter from the caliper, nor the cylinders, and nor the MC. Still have to pump the pedal to get pressure.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
just keep bleeding it.

i had to bleed the brakes on my beater about 4 times till i was happy. (this was after it sitting all summer with a rear wheel cylinder leak that dripped out every once of brake fluid it had)

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,249 Posts
How tight are the rear drums??????

Pump brakes until you get a hard pedal, set the ebrake hard.

Now how does the pedal feel????

·
Registered
123 Posts
Guys,

I need your help. I upgraded my front brake to EX 10.2'' with nuckles/caliper/disk. I kept stock MC and PV on the LX '99.

I I've 'bled' the lines like it should in RR/FL/RL/FR order. I've tried few times, I have to pump the pedal 4-5 quickly and there you got pressure and pedal hold it for 1-2 minute without going down. I release the pedal, I push again, NO FUCKIN' pressure and brake pedal goes directly to the floor each times.

I don't see any leaks, and like I said, once pedal pumped, it holds the pressure, so if it would have a leak, pedal would go down.

I have to mention, I removed stock knuckles/calipers few months ago, and master cylinder was empty for this time.

No bubbles come out the bleeders, oil came out correctly. It's the first time I got this kind if issue. Is it the MC went bad or not enough big ? Prop valve leaking ? calipers or wheel cylinders ?

What do you think ?

Thank you
iv always been told to bleed from the furtherest(sp?) wheel to closest (RP,RD,FP,FD) thats how iv always done it and never had any issues

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,249 Posts
Arnt the ex calipers bigger than stock or is that just the si/integra ones
I'm running EX calipers on DX knuckles and rotors.

13/16" MC will displace enough fluid to securely stop the car with big calipers in front. I know, I won points race in local AutoX this way!

Something isn't right and only so much can be done over the internets, one time I wish teleporting was possible.

"Hey Stupid, THAT'S the problem!" is not always so easy over the internet!

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Something isn't right and only so much can be done over the internets, one time I wish teleporting was possible.

"Hey Stupid, THAT'S the problem!" is not always so easy over the internet!
Because I'm not finding the trouble the first time give you the right to call me stupid ?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts