Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, Im from Singapore and Im driving a 92 Civic Esi. Its a SOHC Vtec. I'd like to improve the torque n low-mid range. Some singaporeans suggest this:

Most mod like IHE, bore throttle body, wild cam will not work with low end. The only mod I feel to give you more torque at the mid low end is to change to close ratio gear and possibly supercharge.

Turbo don't work efficiently at low end. But of course I had seen many well tuned turbo converted muscle car with very torqey low end around. Advise is to use a small turbo. Big ones lags big time for a 1.6sohc.

I would like to know if the above tips is essential? Any great mod expert here have better suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
a t25 would be a great power adder, costs much less than any supercharger out there. My choice is the 14b turbo off the gsx eclipses, usually easy to find, as many ditch their turbos for bigger t3/t4 or big 16g turbos. as far as torque, your not gonna get a muscle pull out of a civic, just not enough moving parts to produce that low end, but you can get there yes, my suggestion is turbo, the t25 or 14b spools fast around 3000 rpm, so thats gonna get you some power, but nothing compared to a muscle car.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ryan89crx said:
why are you worrying about low end so much? Hondas rev to 7200+ for a reason
yea i kno right sorry but honda lick balls when it comes to torque. you only gonna gain torque if you shot nitrous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts