Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1988 civic hatch
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend was building his motor d16z6 and for got to put in the thrush washer is this good or bad the car runs fine sounds good but what will this do I told him I would ask the web site I go to so what do you guys think? Has anyone ever done this before? He will thank you for your help.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
uuhhhhh..... stop running it and put it in right now. the time it takes to put it in will be worth it becuse it is going to cost a lot more if he doesnt. also make sure that it is the right spec when its in. if it is to tight or to loose it could also cause problems.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
The thrust washers are mostly important for when you're actually driving...taking the brunt of the shifting and such. Has he driven on it at all or just idled the thing?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Haha fuckin astounding. Nope not important at all, Honda engineers put them in there just for decoration. YES THERE IMPORTANT!!!!!

·
Registered
1988 civic hatch
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well he only drove .02 miles and he was cleaning up the garage and found them. So we drop the oil pan and main cap bridge and slid them in everything looks fine so were good to go thanks for the replies and funny responses.

·
Registered
WRX
158 Posts
I just busted the thrust bearing/washer in my subaru. I am thinking it took out the crank and probably all the bearings. Just to be safe i am replacing everything. Rods and pistons should be ok but im having the pistons recoated just in case.

If you are lucky...the crank will be ok but i would definately replace the bearings while your in there.

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
well he only drove .02 miles and he was cleaning up the garage and found them. So we drop the oil pan and main cap bridge and slid them in everything looks fine so were good to go thanks for the replies and funny responses.
Please Clean your Hands on His Face for me and post a Pic:biggrin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts