Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
This is a little too soon. My close friend is trying to get me to go but I will not be able to race. So that whole event is going to be a tease. No one gives a shit about civics there anyway, so it's probably a good thing I am not racing because it would end up being an embarrassment since I don't drive a corvette.

On a side note I'll probably be there drunk as a skunk talking shit about corvettes LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a little too soon. My close friend is trying to get me to go but I will not be able to race. So that whole event is going to be a tease. No one gives a shit about civics there anyway, so it's probably a good thing I am not racing because it would end up being an embarrassment since I don't drive a corvette.

On a side note I'll probably be there drunk as a skunk talking shit about corvettes LOL.
Pretty sure you got it all wrong man. These are pretty Honda-centric events. Most if not all of the vehicles there would be Hondas..

Come hang out. My first track-days were definitely hang out sessions and I was hooked with my first ride-along!

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
Then it's obvious I haven't gone to the event. I figured it'd be people that only care about RWD, since I've noticed FWD is more frowned upon in the racing community now a days.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
I have several trips to Chitown planned for trans. work, I might attend a Gridlife event or two to spectate or maybe even assist...we'll see when that time comes.

·
Registered
92 cx
934 Posts
So should i go hunt down more used civic gearbox? I can find a few around here for about $200. I am willing to donate them to bone for the sake of having a few more properly built dseries trans since he is helping our members here.

·
Registered
129 Posts
did someone say jabaay?

this event (the Friday may event) is our "shakedown" event... its main purpose is to be an instructor clinic for our new beginner curriculum, and get all our instructors on the same page, etc.. we are also throwing an HPDE into the mix... no time attack for this one.

come to the big event after that... the june 10 weekend...that's the real party.... biggest time attack field in north American (potentially world) history.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts