Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is a 1990 STD hatch that had a dpfi d15b1 And I swapped in a 3rd gen ZC with a 1991 pm6 ecu.

So the car turns over but does not start.
My cps wires were frayed off so I soldered them back together.

It has 3 codes on the ecu.
10 quick blinks-pause-4 quick blinks-pause-8 quick blinks...Repeat.

It was even blinking when my key was out of the ignition.

I looked up the codes.

4: CKP Sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor

8: TDC Sensor (Top Dead Center)

10: IAT Sensor (Intake Air Temperature)

I swapped the IAT and EACV plugs just to see if I had them in the wrong spot.

There were no codes and the motor started kicking like it wanted to start but no go.

Swapped the plugs back to where they go and only 2 codes came back 4 and 10. But the motor still kicks like it wants to start.

I have checked my plugs and they don't seem wet so I'm going to go over my injector wiring ans see if any came loose or I made a wrong turn somewhere.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
What Chevy or Ford are we working on

Come on give some specifics like

92 civic dx
Had stock motor swapped in z6
Using this ecu

We can't help unless we know what we are looking at

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you getting spark???

Spark Fuel and Compression need all three to run

Verify you have spark and fuel first
If he is getting a ckp code then I bet he isn't getting spark because the cam and crank sensors act together to know where the engine is

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Yes I am getting spark, and I belive fuel too.

You shouldn't have anything blinking with the key out. You have extreme wiring issues. Fix them.
The blinking stopped but yes, the harness is going to come out and get re-done. I can't find a link to the DIY I used. Do you have a link to one that you recommend?

·
Registered
civic
142 Posts
If you are getting fuel and spark then a harness isn't your problem, if you have both fuel and spark check compression, you only need 4 things for a engine to run, fuel, spark, air, and a way to compress it

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Did you put a new timing belt on ??

Did you hear the motor run ?

If so are you using all the parts that came with it or did you swap dizzys ?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Spray a little bit of starer fluid into the intake manifold and see if it will fire up

If it does go over all your injector wiring

If that does not work pull the spark plugs out and put your hands over 1 and 3 and have someone turn the crank over by hand and then do 2 and 4

You should feel it pushing air then pulling air this will verify you have some compression

Also hook a plug up to a wire when you turn the motor over make sure it's sparking

If your getting all that check timing next

·
Registered
27 Posts
check timing isnt 180 off and fireing order and use testlight on injector plugs and injector wiring order

simple stuff first

·
Registered
1990 Honda Civic STD
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I put a bit of gas in each cylinder but it wouldn't fire, it wanted to but just wouldn't.

I just went outside and looked at the timing marks on the cams and they are off by quite a bit, and the belt has a bit of play in it.

Edit: After doing some more reading There is no way in hell the car will start with the timing the way it is. So I guess I'm off to the parts store to order a timing belt.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts