Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im braking in my engine. I first used an engine additive comp cam additive with 10w30 oil. for first 500miles. he recommended it to use gave me a free bottle. my motor however is a built head stock but stiffer springs angle valve job arp head studs. built block for boost.

the oil didn't have metal chunks. my drain plug has very fine black looking material. when I wipe it to a paper towel. the material on the magnet is like dust or nothing. the oil looked slightly small fine material swirl or something.

I did another oil change with oil lucas additive brake in oil with 10w30 oil. I checked the oil at 1k miles. changed it. I saw the oil looked slightly has very fine small material. seems like swirl in the oil. kinda dirty. the magnet drain plug has small like dust black magnet. when I put it to a paper towel.
I had extra engine oil that is clean while it was finish draining I went underneath and checked . the oil drain slight fine material like silver. when I run my finger through it.

my engine has been rebuilt by a machine shop. they did the whole insallation.
bearings honing boring out and etc. assembly. I have now total of
1040 miles on the engine.

I have very good engine oil pressures. I don't seem to have any problem with low pressures or engine oil lights on. the engine seem veery smooth and not have any sounds of knocking.
im just parainoid because this is my 3rd time rebuilding a F**ken engine.

the ect seems to fluxuate very cool and no overheating or drop in engine oil pressure. plus I have a turbo for this motor. I take this motor slowly braking it in.

is this motor a large paper weight waiting to happen :(
or is this stuff normal. im looking on google for the longest and searching for answers. and I hope this motor wont go knocking and causing me to fucken feel like S**t again. I googled a guy had this happen to hi for atleast 5k miles and then it had less of it reading not even Honda fourms. still worried atleast.

my oil pressure is very good though. I have it idled at 1k and usually it gets to at 13psi min but usually 15psi. when engine is hot and goes atleat to 16-20psi or more when cold. always within 13-15-20plus psi
I didn't see it go lower than that yet. seems ok. im worried bout the oil though.

of course cold is atleast 20psi plus etc.

rule of thumb atleast 10psi at 1k rpm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
IMO, changing the filter at the beginning is more important than changing the oil.

On any brand new engine (save the drag only blown alcohol stuff) I "break-in" the motor by letting it run for a few minutes (usually for the cam/rings) then replace the oil AND the filter. Then I usually drive it for 200-300 miles (tank of gas) and replace the filter again. Then treat it like a normal car.

Filters are cheap, especially considering what they do.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
you just rebuilt it, how do you expect the rings to seal? whats the purpose of the crosshatch?

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
365 Posts
When we put the Z6 in the Teg, I ran it in for 300 miles then changed the oil and filter. Repeated at about 800 and then again at 1500. Oil AND filter every time.

I serviced it at 7000M and there was discolouration but no particles I could see or feel.
Oh, and it's used almost no oil in the last 2700 miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts