Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been working on cars a while and I've come across a teaser...
Well first I over heated it due to stuck thermostat or bad cap they both were nasty...++ rust in radiator so I took every thing apart flushed motor soaked rad. In CLR every thing else new...

Started car used the old bottle on rad. To get air out.. well after it got warm I got this... 1376356276643.jpg
1376356295546.jpg ... did think it looked bad... well drove car around block few times then cooled it off piped cap to check coolant lvl and there was a lot of pressure and more foam.. went and got another cap (pressure) release style warmed car up and drove it a good 50-80 miles with a/c and medium high traffic. Got home cooled it off.. now this time a lot less pressure but still had a lot of foam... since she started again has not over heater gauge reads just fine.. used a friend aftermarket one so I could read more then one they both sit a same temp... my stock one reads slower then the auto meter but ehh what you guys think.. am I just tripping over nothing?
MadSci3ntistCr3ations

·
Registered
267 Posts
You CLR on aluminum? Really not a good idea after what i saw that stuff did to my friends block. You better flush all that stuff out and hope to god you didn't blow a headgasket, thats another job of its own dude. Don't even try using those headgasket repair stuff, 80 percent of the time it doesn't work.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clr in rad... not in block... block just flushed with hose.... clr stop rust and calcium etc. .. I guess I flush more see what I come up with. .
I would never use head gasket repair shit or stop leak etc.. I know the damages it does
MadSci3ntistCr3ations

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright. .. so I flushed every thing no more foam.. but there's still a lot of pressure. .. drove car home from work and it sat from 7am till 6pm 11hrs and when I piped cap it dam near smacked me in face when it shot off

MadSci3ntistCr3ations

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,832 Posts
Alright. .. so I flushed every thing no more foam.. but there's still a lot of pressure. .. drove car home from work and it sat from 7am till 6pm 11hrs and when I piped cap it dam near smacked me in face when it shot off

MadSci3ntistCr3ations
Make sure you bleed the system.

Also you should never ever open a radiator cap when the motor is hot. You could get some serious burns.

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts

MadSci3ntistCr3ations

That's not good.

1. Block return line to coolant reservoir.
  2. bad cap.
HG would only cause pressure running.

Get one of these now.

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1.I never de cap when hot I've seen my dad try and kick it off lol burns all over leg.
2 I have the yellow thing just couldn't find it so I used DIY..
3. Yes it builds pressure when running..but the whole system is holding it for a long time. . Cap is brand new think it could still b bad

MadSci3ntistCr3ations

·
10,488 Posts
cap failure is pretty rare to begin with. They have testers. Excessive pressure usually indicates HG, though I can't say I've seen one that held pressure for so long.

there's testers for caps, HG, etc. that work. get us some test data.

Line to resevoir, etc. all not restricted or anything???

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doing a comp check today.. but not water in oil or oil in matter.. plugs are normal, no oil or clean marks from water
I'll go have my cap tested or buy the test if I can.
All lines are clean I totally flushed car to make sure no blockages

MadSci3ntistCr3ations

·
10,488 Posts
Doing a comp check today.. but not water in oil or oil in matter.. plugs are normal, no oil or clean marks from water
I'll go have my cap tested or buy the test if I can.
All lines are clean I totally flushed car to make sure no blockages

MadSci3ntistCr3ations

usually not the case unless the HG is really bad.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:(.. once it cooled off out side I'll be out there.. need a/c for my garage. .

MadSci3ntistCr3ations

1 - 17 of 17 Posts