Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i lived in Vegas i used to go to a Mexican Restaurant called Roberto's (theirs a bunch of them)... I use to get the Carni Asadia French Fries, also known as super nacho fries, hold the beans please...

well, long story short i have been hungry for this for several years but have not been able to find anything close to it out here... so, tonight i decided to make some french fry nachos, not really thinking of Roberto's at all...

I once again just tossed some left overs together and hoped for the best...lol

what i ended up with can only be described as... super duper delicious... Damn it was soooooo good and reminded me of Roberto's... So, this means i know i can make them for myself and may not get as home sick as usual... :)

i cooked the fries on the pizza cooker for 20 minutes first... (I did not use the green salsa)

left over steak, i chopped it up into real small pieces, then heated it up for a minute in the microwave...

added my favorite hot salsa...

jalapenos and black olives...

Mexican 4cheese mix...

melted cheese in the microwave...

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Wow! What a mix!

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
Carne asada fries is one of my favorite foods to eat. :bandito:

Your missing the sour cream and guacamole.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^^ i wouldn't say i missing it lol

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Definitely worth a try

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^ i may go for round two later tonight :D

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
And I now know what im having for dinner! Yes I realize this is an old thread too!

·
Registered
08 H-D Ultra Classic
985 Posts
I need to talk the wife into cooking this up tonight !

·
Registered
97 honda HX-07 STI
286 Posts
When i lived in Vegas i used to go to a Mexican Restaurant called Roberto's (theirs a bunch of them)... I use to get the Carni Asadia French Fries, also known as super nacho fries, hold the beans please...

well, long story short i have been hungry for this for several years but have not been able to find anything close to it out here... so, tonight i decided to make some french fry nachos, not really thinking of Roberto's at all...

I once again just tossed some left overs together and hoped for the best...lol

what i ended up with can only be described as... super duper delicious... Damn it was soooooo good and reminded me of Roberto's... So, this means i know i can make them for myself and may not get as home sick as usual... :)

i cooked the fries on the pizza cooker for 20 minutes first... (I did not use the green salsa)

left over steak, i chopped it up into real small pieces, then heated it up for a minute in the microwave...

added my favorite hot salsa...

jalapenos and black olives...

Mexican 4cheese mix...

melted cheese in the microwave...
That looks like Yummmmmm stuff. I might just have to give this a go.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Surprised a few folks would of never thought of it.

There is a spot down the street from my house that serves asada fries and shits awesome but a few pounds of fries with meat and cheese will put you in food coma QUICK!

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you guys should give it a go... :D

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
Surprised a few folks would of never thought of it.

There is a spot down the street from my house that serves asada fries and shits awesome but a few pounds of fries with meat and cheese will put you in food coma QUICK!
Ha!, Food coma, you must see "The Itis" episode of The Boondocks, hella funny.

Totally doing this soon, like maybe tomorrow as I've already had dinner tonight...

·
セックス大好&#
'93 240sex
505 Posts
This looks good as fuck. Like nachos, but fries

·
Premium Member
95 civic coupe
1,358 Posts
Oh man this french fries again

1 - 20 of 29 Posts