Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
Neat..this should be sent to archive...just so we dont loose it..

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
i did this once before witha msd power tower and some jb weld. it worked fine but something just wasnt right .... had the car running and was going to advance the timing grabed the dizzy and wow that smarts ... theres a little power going threw there... all im saying is us caution but good idea

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
modsHXcivi said:
i did this once before witha msd power tower and some jb weld. it worked fine but something just wasnt right .... had the car running and was going to advance the timing grabed the dizzy and wow that smarts ... theres a little power going threw there... all im saying is us caution but good idea
yeah...
I was 'checking my compression' the other day by pulling the sparkplug wires one at a time. I had my hand on the distributor. That fucking hurt.
:stupid:

-ic

C

·
0 Posts
fuck man, good idea, too late i spent like 10 bucks on the MSD external cap kit...all they sent me was a screw, a plastic spacer, and a little top piece, for over 10 bucks!!!

if only this thread was up...6 months ago.

good idea though!

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
prelude cap has external coil already? i remember my friend getting a accord (i think) cap once for his 95 dx and it had a external coil tower on it. what year prelude one will work for a92 hatch?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
don't know about the lude but the 93 accord has the external coil and i think maybe the 91-92 also, i know the 90 did not. but i would assume that it would be the same years for the lude also.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
What kind of coil can I use for it ? Prelude external coil or anything else easy to fit there? Worth it for the bucks ? or no more power gained ? Does Prelude coil has higher voltage ?

thanx a lot

1 - 14 of 14 Posts