Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I was doing a little research about cable transmission clutch pedals and how some people wished they could extend the throw/travel. I know with a good clutch you should be able to properly adjust it, but with this simple mod u basically can set the pedal a littlr lower W out losing the travel. Im a DIY guy so i looked at it and did this in like 15mins and the feel and improvement is very noticeable. I'm at work so I'm gonna cut details out. Basically unbolt ur clutch pedal out, put it in between a vise and bend the bends out so the top hook of the pedal sits higher, thus creating more travel when pressed due to the top half being at a higher point. There's a point that u don't want the pedal too straight when bending it out otherwise u will hit the pedal assembly, so bend, check, bend, check. Anyways heres pics so u get the idea. I'll add or fix information later.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Not a bad plan as long as your pressure plate isnt uncomfortably heavy.

This reminds me that I have to do something about my CRX hydro clutch.... That thing feels like an on/off switch. Might just be my disk though, its been a whike since I drove with a decent one...hmm....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I shouldnt say it is like an on/off switch, that isnt accurate. You can engage it smoothly, it just feels like its about 3/8" (or less) of pedal travel from full off to full on.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
I shouldnt say it is like an on/off switch, that isnt accurate. You can engage it smoothly, it just feels like its about 3/8" (or less) of pedal travel from full off to full on.
sounds perfect to me.

I REALLY hate the CRX clutch...about 3" of travel in the on-off area.

Might just need a clutch cable though....

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Yea, you could probably use a cable or something, that seems excessive.

Ive only driven it once so far, but it was about 50 miles of mixed driving, in city, freeway, rush hour etc, and I have to say I do like my ghetto hydro conversion and 13/16 MC with the booster delete, when I get around to reinforcing the clutch MC, it should be even better.

I just need to get used to it, and I probably could have spaced it further from the piviot joint, but it is SOOOOOO much better than that shitty cable to to a hydraulic master cylinder to the slave cylinder crap.

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I would be wary of bending any part of a clutch pedal assembly.

Any plans on re-enforcing it?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I would be wary of bending any part of a clutch pedal assembly.

Any plans on re-enforcing it?
Actually the pedal is pretty beefy. The way I bent it didnt affect anything. But eventually when I'm not lazy I'll pull the whole assembly out and weld it up for more support. I do see it slightly flex when pressing the pedal down.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I wouldnt worry about a single bend on a clutch pedal that isnt even in the direction of force applied, if it was the brake pedal maybe, but worse case scenario if that arm breaks off your clutch stops working til you fix it. Not a huge deal.

Besides, even if it was slightly weakened I would bet it is still a lot stronger than the cable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts