Honda D Series Forum banner

FREE Carbon Fiber for SoCal Members Only!

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Apex001 
#1 ·
Hey peeps,

Well here is the story. I have in my freezer a 'dead body' aka 1 Roll of Aircraft quality Carbon Fiber pre-pregnated. Well my freezer went out, so instead of letting all that carbon fiber go to waste, I'll give it to any Dseries members if they want some. All you have to do is 'bake' it until it glass' over and your done. I have 33 linier yards(36x60in) and its worth over $3000.00. Im not asking for money however if you happen to have some spare parts I need that would be nice to swap. I wish I could send it out of state but I have nothing to freeze it with so this is only for SoCal members. I made some nice carbon fiber fenders for my pocket bike and they look dope! Its big enough to make a hood or door on a civic. I am gonna keep about 3 yards but the rest is fair game. I am not going to take any PM's for this guys sorry so the best way is to give up my cell#: 310-916-4420. I live in Los Angeles in between the 405fwy and 110fwy. I will post this in the for sale forum as well. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE! Just dont be greedy and get what you will use and save some for the rest!

Good Luck!
what I need
- A6 Camgear
- Y8 stock or jdm D15b header 4-2-1's
It would be nice to swap CF for these parts. :)
HELP ME BUILD A MAD ASS SOHC ZC! Im on a mission!.....

See less See more
#4 ·
damn!!! i just moved away like 3 months ago... could have used some stuff...

good deal :TU:

#6 ·
just curious, how do you work with it? is it stiff and you just bend it into shape or do you have to lay it on a mold?

#7 ·
Its like a stiff fabric because of the resin thats in it. Its easy to work with. If you need to do a hard bend just heat it up with a blow dryer to help it out and bake it to about 350-400 degrees and in 45-1 hour or until it glass' over and your done. :)

#8 ·
i see... so it holds any shape while uncured. To soften it, heat it up a little and bend it to what you want. Then to really set it, bake it to 350-400... hmmm... it seems the baking process is the hard part then because it sounds like it gets soft before it gets hard. So the shape could get warped in the oven if you're not careful.

Is this about right??

Is it perfectly smooth after? Or do you need to do some sanding?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.