Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so today i got everything totally buttoned up. i went out everything is plumbed up right and no vac leaks.

so i went out today to see what it could do. so i went down the road and punched it and at 3800rpms it hits a wall. it feel likes a rev limiter but i don't know any1 have a clue to what it could be. bad plugs? fuel cut off? act of god

my set up is in my sig no rods or pistons or microed crank

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
if your ecu is in limp mode it will cut at 4000. depending how far off your guage is i am gonna guess that is it. bad chip or something. need more info though.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its a P28 with a base map for 550cc injectors on it.I had the ECU chipped by john kerr from JKtuning. im gonna tune with neptune

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea its throwing a code i was assuming that the code would be b/c its a OBD1 ecu in a OBD2 car. bc as soon as i put the P28 in the code light came on

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
yea its throwing a code i was assuming that the code would be b/c its a OBD1 ecu in a OBD2 car. bc as soon as i put the P28 in the code light came on
woah that should have been a big red flag find out what code and let us know what it is. Do you still have a 3 wire Iacv I dont think that this is your problem but could become one if Im not mistaken

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
No the ecu will look for a 2 wire iacv but i dont believe it will throw a code because of it, but may be wrong in this case because its opposite my situation. It would also explain why the code only comes on wen the p28 is plugged in. Check the code and ill see if i can help you out.you can pm me if need be.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
scan tool wont work on obd1 ecu.. use the 2 wire jumper method and read the check engine light blinks.. then let us know.. btw one long blink = 10 one short blink = 1

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
You're OBDII, so check the codes like you said. On a OBDI car, there's a 2 port connector near the ecu you can "jump" via a paperclip or something and the CEL will blink and that's how we tell what code it is. GL!

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
You're OBDII, so check the codes like you said. On a OBDI car, there's a 2 port connector near the ecu you can "jump" via a paperclip or something and the CEL will blink and that's how we tell what code it is. GL!
But he has converted to obd1 so the harnes there should be 2 wires that you touch together to be able to check your cel

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
also you wont get a CEL just for having an obd1 converted obd2 car.

my guess is just a shitty basemap. how much boost are you running? what plugs/gapped at what.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i figured out what the problem. the base map is good i went through all the wireing of the new injectos and i noticed that 1 was wired 100% as all the other 1s were. so i took it apart and re did them and turned the car on and it ran fine just wanted to check to see if that could be the problem and yup thats what it was. cylinder 4 wasnt getting gas. all fixed now took it out this morn. feels strong its only running 4-5 lbs of boost

1 - 20 of 21 Posts