Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, well i have great news ! i was driving on the belt parkway (NY)to go buy some konig airmaxxes from a member on b20vtec.com and the scariest thing happened. there was a red toyota echo messing with me on the highway so i start to fight back. i currently own a 92 civic hatch with a b7 swap. we're going at it and i downshift from 4th to 3rd and then BOOMMM ! bye bye motor. i blow a hole by piston #1. funny thing was since the summer ive been trying to blow this motor up. ask me why? i have no idea. the good thing is that i have a z6 full swap in my basement just waiting to be dropped into my motor. just kinda sad that it was suppose to be my project motor and i wanted those rimss !! hopefully he still has them so i cud pick them up tom. well hopefully on saturday i can take pics of the new motor being installed. i will finally feel vtakkkk !! ill take pics tom of the carnage =)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
vtec+sohc= nothing like a b-series so dont expect this vtak you speak of to be a way to the next universe.... just saying man its a sohc
i know i had a lsvtec setup. but compared to a stock b7 it will be slighty better. to add the fact that i have a si tranny just sitting also will add some more pepp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey does a b7 dizzy fit a z6 head? thats my only concern as im supper loww on funds and my company still isnt back from vacation.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
bone stock? u build it in the basement and it's untouched? no..... nothing?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i got the motor with 110,xxx miles. its bone stock not built or nothing. it was suppose to be my project but because of funds and so many bills i cudnt get it started. now that income tax was coming around i was hoping to finally start. bummer. does anyone know if a b7 dizzy fits a z6 head?

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
well i got the motor with 110,xxx miles. its bone stock not built or nothing. it was suppose to be my project but because of funds and so many bills i cudnt get it started. now that income tax was coming around i was hoping to finally start. bummer. does anyone know if a b7 dizzy fits a z6 head?
B7 tabs are in a different spot so they do not line up 100%

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes but you will have to modify the distributor
Something like this
thanks alot for that pic. does that work for the obd1 dizzy. i believe in the picture u posted thats an obd 0. just wanna make sure cuz the swap should be started and completed on friday or saturday.

·
Registered
too many
1,582 Posts
thanks alot for that pic. does that work for the obd1 dizzy. i believe in the picture u posted thats an obd 0. just wanna make sure cuz the swap should be started and completed on friday or saturday.
OBD0 and OBD2 distributor cases are the same OBD1 Z6 are oddballs

If you line up the index marks (Lines on the distributor shaft w/ key) for top dead center on the key for the cam on the distributor you can see how it supposed to mount on the engine. Put the head at TDC and slide the dizzy on you will see how the ears do not line up properly

You will need washers to hold down the dizzy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cant wait to do the swap this weekend. that is of course it doesnt snow as the weather guy is forcasting. =/ i wanna drive her again.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well mother nature has struck nyc. wasnt as hard but it didnt allow me to start. so everything should go down tom. hopefully no more snoww !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so finally we did the motor swap. cudnt take as many pics as i wanted but hey we snapped a couple. all i gotta say is wow that b7 motor took a shitt ! on a happier note i got blessed with some hasport mounts, poly bushing lower control arms and a fresh pressure plate for my act 6 puck clutch. now we finally had it running but im getting 2 cel codes. code 7 for tps and code 9 for no.1 cylinder position sensor. code 7 im not really worried about, but whats code 9? i never heard of that. the motor is a 94 i believe z6. i am using a chipped ecu but i changed the basemap to a stock z6. im no pro at basemapping but i think i got it cuz it wrote and verified it was a p28 map. also for some reason im not hitting vtec. maybe its cuz the car is running limp mode from the cel lights? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks d-series.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts