Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,980 Posts
the same way you install it on any other d series engine. a google search would have been faster.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
How to install FPR? find stock FPR and replace. If remote mounted, its simply adding a fuel line between rail and FPR.

If this is a stock d16y7, an adjustable FPR will be 100% useless. You will not gain power. If you suffer from low fuel pressure, an FPR will NOT solve it, merely make it worse, as generally that would relate to a failing fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,980 Posts

according to everything Ive found. its on your fuel pump. good luck.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Lose the attitude. Especially since your title CLEARLY SAYS D16Y7. Your post indicates a D17.

What engine, what chassis, what trim level?
Answer those first.

Regardless of which engine or chassis, both the D16 cars and the 01-05 D17 cars are very well out there on youtube and other sites.

My 2001 d17 civic is getting a full fuel system refresh with an adjustable pressure regulator and an external fuel filter. What I did was super simple.
I searched these extremely difficult terms on google. "civic d17 fuel return conversion"
I got videos. I got forum DIY guides. I got pictures.
All that without acting out and saying dumb shit like "why the fuck do you think I am asking?"

Let us assume you have a 2000 or older civic with a d16y7. "installing adjustable fpr d16" on google lands hundreds of results with pictures and written guides.
The ;TLDR of that is unbolt stock FPR, install new FPR. Only oddity is some require bolting on a fuel hose adapter to run a hose out to the FPR, as not all FPR's mount directly on the fuel rail like factory.

If searching for a simple matter is difficult, focus on being able to research.

90% of any mechanical job is gathering information.
The other 10% is applying it correctly.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
If you want a decent video showing the install of a return setup, search pirate garage on youtube. He is doing an EM2 turbo setup on the cheap side. D16 valvetrain, d16 intake manifold, fuel system stuff, electric steering conversion, etc...

VERY knowledgeable.

You will know you ar ein the right spot when you see a big angry redheaded dude hosting the video

·
Registered
9 Posts
You'll just need to route lines. Doesn't seem there's any aftermarket rails but you can make one relatively easily. Can use the feed for the return or swap out all the lines, you're call. Generally it makes sense to go ahead and change the fuel pump since you gotta get to everything anyways. A lot of guys use the 255. Assuming we're talking D17.

As mentioned, you just want to look up return fuel system conversion. There's a fair number of good guides. I don't have em bookmarked in my phone though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts