Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my car was smoking alot and i mean it looked like a smoke screen out the back. when car shut off, i saw oil that looked caked/milky in the tail pipe... so i looked around. did a compression check on the motor and it came out good.

then i saw a kink in the oil drain... my guess is it was flooding the turbo with oil pushing it thru the seals into the exhaust?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i replaced the headgasket, but i think whats happening with the milky color is that the oil is being compressed and getting hot because of the turbo and pressure...

i did compression check all 185-190 was the range. not losing any coolant...

·
Registered
342 Posts
too make sure you dont have a blown head gasket, take it to a shop that does smogs and ask them to do a sniffer test on ur HC's by removing the radiator cap and putting the sniffer there (make sure the coolant doesnt touch the sniffer)... should not be more than single digit #'s.... easiest way to tell... if its blown, the numbers will skyrocket into the hundreds if not thousands

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i just swapped it out, no more smoke :) lol.....

i just replaced headgasket last week ran fine before putting the turbo on...

i will get pics soon of the setup

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i got the TT oil line kit for my drain line, im gonna drop tranny today to replace isb.. god i hate that sound lol

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:

so i replaced my isb in tranny, and re did the oil return line. right now the drain faces vertically down, but i think later on i will clock it so its at a 45* angle so that the return line is a little shorter, maybe its better flow too??

as for the smoking... it smoked at idle and revving but not as bad as before. i think this was due to left over oil in the exhaust system. i went out for a drive, and there was no clouds of smoke like before... now i think that all the oil was burned off/ pushed out cause there is no more smoking...

thank god for no more oil leaks to lol... :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts