Honda D Series Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok time for some pics/progress! Some are a little off topic but what鈥檚 going on here is I鈥檓 working on pulling the engine, just started the process tonight disconnected the batteries, some engine harness plugs and got the jack stands under it! It鈥檚 sooooo cold out. Like 5 degrees.

I have multiple projects happening right now. Ive been using my hour lunch break to finish using body filler and glazing putty to shape the rear wing! It looks way better than before. I applied many, perhaps 20 or so applications of filler. Sanded. Filled some more spent months on this. Literally. I鈥檓 still learning so had to figure it all out. It was really tore up and I had to use fiberglass caulking gun thing at work and repair holes and it was very wavy from me going bat S**t crazy with 80 grit on a da when I was a teenager haha. So it鈥檚 ready for primer finally! Also I painted my mirrors and door handles pheonix yellow but I completely have to redo them I failed with cracking primer and runs. Oh well I鈥檒l sand em down and redo them after I buy some more base coat.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
That cold weather looks so unpleasant haha. Kudos for maintaining motivation unless it's 25*C+- 5*C i wont go in the garage. 馃槀
You鈥檙e a 鈥渇air weather wrencher鈥 haha. I gotta get this thing running I鈥檝e been dying to take a cruise in it and I want to bring it to work to start wet sanding the clear and polishing it. It鈥檚 got a lot of orange peel from painting it last summer in my field
What are you working on in your garage, anything?

alsoI think I just posted like 10 of the same pictures somehow whoops 馃槀

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh I almost forgot to mention on here I also ordered the cam seal and rear main seal genuine Honda from bk Honda parts! Clutch tool should be here any day now

Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
You鈥檙e a 鈥渇air weather wrencher鈥 haha. I gotta get this thing running I鈥檝e been dying to take a cruise in it and I want to bring it to work to start wet sanding the clear and polishing it. It鈥檚 got a lot of orange peel from painting it last summer in my field
What are you working on in your garage, anything?

alsoI think I just posted like 10 of the same pictures somehow whoops 馃槀
Basically all rigs in my sig.

Registered
93 4d lx, z6,ported, port matched, compression bumped, balanced, manual swap
:unsure: then again, considering his attention to every little detail he might do it like the Italian job, just watch out for the Ukrainians!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
More progress made on taking out the engine. Everything is frozen, rusty and breaking. I鈥檝e broken several 10mm bolts and even broke my little 3/8th breaker bar trying to get the brake bolts out. My 600lb impact driver juuuuust barely took the lug nuts and axle nuts off after sat there going deaf for like 30 seconds on each axle nut. Overall very frustrating laying under the car and it鈥檚 cold but I鈥檓 slowly getting there!
I need a 17mm half inch socket from work I couldn鈥檛 finish getting the axles out yet.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part Metalworking hand tool

got the radiator out! Broke a fan bolt.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Car Automotive air manifold

more stuff unplugged

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Tread

Can鈥檛 get the fuel filter bolt out without twisting the whole filter, will need my impact with a 17.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Tread Synthetic rubber

that Lug nut was so stuck
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

should I use this header or the stock one on the new engine? I鈥檝e had a check engine light for o2 sensor maybe the other pipe/sensor would help idk.
Car Automotive fuel system Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

just looking at the rust under here.
Photograph Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Black

need to get a pick from my tool box at work for these plugs.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Electrical wiring

Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Wood Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Pb'laster and a mapp gas torch are your friends right now 馃槂
i know I鈥檓 dying for my tools. I left my map gas torch in mass forgot to bring it and I don鈥檛 have pb blaster. I鈥檒l drill the broken bolts out and get them fixed when I can drive the car to my work. Thanks though you鈥檙e absolutely right.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Now I know you're in New York. She's a special kind of crusty.
yeah no kidding. When I bought this car it was from Florida and had absolutely no rust and now it鈥檚 a lil crusty. I鈥檝e had it since like 2007. I need a new rear bumber support and the front suspension needs painting and the cross member on the top is pretty crusty

Formerly weebeastie
yeah no kidding. When I bought this car it was from Florida and had absolutely no rust and now it鈥檚 a lil crusty. I鈥檝e had it since like 2007. I need a new rear bumber support and the front suspension needs painting and the cross member on the top is pretty crusty
But still looks solid enough!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts