Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i found a good deal on a built a6 short block but before i get to interested in it i need to know a few things. its going to be used for my boosted setup. y8 head,supertech springs and retainers, delta 272 and a few other things in my 98 hatch. is there anything that i have to do different to put in a a6 into an obd-2 car. note it will be running on a obd1p28.
here is a little info on it---D16a6 short block with Vitara Pistons, FJ rods, and Z6 crank. Pisons are 75.5. Motor was ran for about 1200 miles.

also what is the advantages of running a z6 crank in a a6 block.
is the a6 a good block for boosting?

·
Canihazmoniez
683 Posts
The a6 block is considered by many to be the strongest block and no difference in z6 crank from a6 however I have never heard of an obd0 block going in a obd2 car haha same as any conversion though.

Good luck

·
Banned
1,234 Posts
Im pretty sure all of the sensors are the same, except for the water temp sensor that is normally on the thermostat, is one the back of the block. You can either extend you wires, or put your thermostat housing on the A6 (I would choose the latter). Other than that, it wont be any different, as far as I know.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
i put a a6 block into my car(even tho it was an obd1 car) everything plugged in had to extend my water temp sensor since its on the back of the block driver side..... besure to pull the oil restrictor out of the block if it has not already been pulled....a6/z6 crank i perty sure is the same just one is in an obd0 motor and the other is in an obd1....

VVVV correct me if im wrongVVVV
also if putting an y8 on goes the same way for putting a z6 head on an a6 block youll have to use a y8 hg, and timing belt.. i do not remember nor recall which head bolts/studs to use...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts