Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock D15b with Delta 272 cam @ 10psi - Carolina Hondas

This is a retune that just came in. I previously tuned this setup about a year ago. The customer added the camshaft and came back to have the tune straightened out.

The car previously made 225 on 9 psi without the camshaft.
On the retune we upped the psi to 10.5 pounds.

Stock D15b
ARP Head Studs
Delta 272 cam
turbonetics 60-1
10psi
Tuned on eCtune

not an advertisement, now people can see this cam can make some power

·
Premium Member
2005 Legacy GT
1,754 Posts
I will have another 272 graph for everyone later this week. I won't have a comparison vs a stock cam as the head had an exospeed sv909 in it and I don't have a spare z6 cam. But I'll have a comparison between those two on my new build.

·
Registered
Mitsu, Subie, others
496 Posts
whats the point of this thread?

they say its a 272, which is an NA cam. i sure hope you all dont think its the same as a 272-2. they are completely different.
We offered our 272 cam prior to making the 272-2 tooling, this cam may have been ground before we made tooling.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
This guy is a member here I think. Username jrock something or other.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I appreciate the fact that this has been posted. I'm looking at my upcoming build being a true High Compression N/A build with a small turbo that will spool very quickly! I'm hoping to see a very smooth powerband starting at about 2500 rpm's up to around 7000 rpm's. So far, the dyno graphs of almost all the turbo builds I have seen have a powerband that I find to be totally useless except for drag racing.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
This thread is useless without a before chart. I don't care if it was on a different dyno or anything like that. I just want to see the shape of the torque curve before and after. That will tell more about what the cam is doing than anything else.

*shakes head*

1 - 20 of 63 Posts