Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
You played the same 3 races non stop?

Its seems okay. There seems to be a disconnect between the car and the road. I don't like that floaty feeling unless I'm drifting. Which I guess is a big part of the whole arcade feel. I'm not very hopeful for a bountiful choice of cats in the garage either.

I'm a big snob when it comes to car games though. I feel the only thing Forza 4 was missing was an open world environment and drag race staging. I looked at the map quite a it and the environment seems yo be pretty damn huge! I like that.

I've been so pampered by Forza 4 that I'm deathly afraid of what's in store tuning-wise. The old tuning system was GREAT! I pray they give us something similar. No stage 1 stage 2 crap! I'm sick of that shit. I can build my Forza 4 cars tobe ballsy down low or up top. We still need that option through parts selection.

I'm gonna rent this one before I make a commitment.

·
Registered
honduh
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i was doing rivals on the 3 races for a while... lol

it does feel alittle different from forza 4, and i agree the tuning in 4 was phenomenal, i hope that its the same in horizon.

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
i will not be buying it. reason? didnt like the feel of the game play. might just be me but same reason why i never bothered to buy forza 4

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
My xbox took a shit before I could upload the demo to it. The finished game has been available online for a few days.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
i will not be buying it. reason? didnt like the feel of the game play. might just be me but same reason why i never bothered to buy forza 4
I agree, I didn't really like the feel of the cars in the demo is well. Before the 4 took a lot of tweaking to get it to do what you wanted it too. Once you got a car where you wanted it it handled pretty well. I got to the point where I was either beating her matching LoWang O'Malleys times on sport tires instead of race tires. Tuning is huge! I'm hoping they keep the same kind of tuning in this game. But I doubt they will.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I looks fucking retarded. It represents everything that is wrong with the car community today. All these faggot shoe salesman pretending to be rally racers and shit. All these made up types of racing, and watered down versions of obscure racing that 14 year old boys shouldn't even know about.
It just means thee are going to be even more fucking retards talking about "Drifting" and "Touge" and then roping in that bullshit with Rally, Rally cross, and Hill climbing.

Its a ricer game. Im done with the franchise. They have alienated their original fan base with this ricer need for speed underground bullshit racing.

Fuck Forza.

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
This is just an extension of their franchise. Next year there will be Forza 5, they promised us. I read they're doing something similar to call of duty like how they switch back and forth between modern warfare and the older versions.

I think Need for Speed Most Wanted would be a much better game. And if we want online competition we could all get on there and whoop each others asses. But this new 1 I think it's going to suck big time!

·
Formally D_Tuned
97 civic HX
2,884 Posts
I looks fucking retarded. It represents everything that is wrong with the car community today. All these faggot shoe salesman pretending to be rally racers and shit. All these made up types of racing, and watered down versions of obscure racing that 14 year old boys shouldn't even know about.
It just means thee are going to be even more fucking retards talking about "Drifting" and "Touge" and then roping in that bullshit with Rally, Rally cross, and Hill climbing.

Its a ricer game. Im done with the franchise. They have alienated their original fan base with this ricer need for speed underground bullshit racing.

Fuck Forza.
Pretty much this ^.

Also it's pretty obvious from the shit excuse for a commercial that is tailored to 8 year olds who think hotwheels are a good representation of a realistic car.

·
wheres my money man!!
11,333 Posts
If ny of you are even trying to compare 4 to Horizon wowzers.
Pretty sure this is NOT Forza 5 meaning this went in the other direction from 4.

Horizon isnt bad at all. Just another game.
Also its funny to se so many people get pissed about it lol grow up its a VIDEO GAME

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Its not just a video game. Its an infection of the automotive community.

Rice never died, it just evolved into something that is trying to mirror image real race cars. Motherfuckers driving around with oil coolers on their bumpers, splitters and cannards, toe hooks, and massive spoliers.

Body kits and neons were just silly, this is insulting.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If ny of you are even trying to compare 4 to Horizon wowzers.
Pretty sure this is NOT Forza 5 meaning this went in the other direction from 4.

Horizon isnt bad at all. Just another game.
Also its funny to se so many people get pissed about it lol grow up its a VIDEO GAME
I'm with civ on this one. I'ma give the game a chance. It's not Forza 5.

And I liked the demo. I am pretty sad that you can't tune the cars like in 4 but I think it'll hold me over til Forza 5 comes out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Whaaat? Theres no tuning? I dont have a way to dl the demo to try it out, but thats kinda lame. Ill probably wait til its cheap.. Im still playing 3 :p

Sent from my M865 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
Honda Civic
2,943 Posts
There was so much talk about how you can to the cars just like in Forza 4. And then when I went to play the demo it was just a big let down. All in all, I think that Need for Speed Most Wanted is a better arcade style game than Forza Horizon will be. The graphics look better than most wanted but that's about it. And even in mostwanted I didn't put any of that gay body kit shit on my car.

We'll see what happens upon its release.....

·
Registered
275 Posts
There was so much talk about how you can to the cars just like in Forza 4. And then when I went to play the demo it was just a big let down. All in all, I think that Need for Speed Most Wanted is a better arcade style game than Forza Horizon will be. The graphics look better than most wanted but that's about it. And even in mostwanted I didn't put any of that gay body kit shit on my car.

We'll see what happens upon its release.....
Well the demo is obviously not completely representative of the full release. I'ma still give it a chance. Cause I loved me some Most Wanted.

·
Registered
99 4 dr
740 Posts
If you don't expect it to be forza Motorsports its a good game. It;s more like NFS Shift except not total shit. it's really fun arcade racing that makes you smile but it isn't any where near as hard or realistic as Motorsports. I've probly spent 16-20 hours playing it and im almost getting tired of it, but i still haven't explored the whole map. I'm not even half done the career. My biggest problem is that theres no quick travel option(well there is but its only to certain locations and it cost 10k which is retarded.) Also theres only circuit and sprint races, yeah theres street racing and theres off road, losts of cool landscape changes blah blah blah, but theres no drag or drift in career. idk its getting repetitive, the only thing that keeps you going is getting new cars which theres only like 100 of and thats just depressing after playing Forza Motorsports. and theres waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time spent in loading screens, like how the paint booth and garage are to separate buildings it's just an extra step when im trying to make my car the way i want it.
one thing that i do really like is that the traffic cars are real detailed cars not ambiguous car or truck like blobs. it just adds alittle realism and is a nice touch.

over all it's a GOOD game, it's better than everything NFS has put out recently (unless the new most wanted is cool) but it's not AMAZING it's not a game changer

one more thing WHY THE FUUUUUUCK is there no spit screen 2player option on newer games. like do ppl not hangout in the same house anymore. My brother in law was over the other day and we were playing Underground 2 b/c Horizon the newer game with way better physics and graphics has no spit screen.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts