Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
After Forza 4, things kind of just went downhill in my opinion. Sure the graphics are pretty, but that's about all that's going on. Forza 4 had excellent player input and feedback in the cars. Anything after 4 just doesn't feel very connected.

I really don't play video games much at all though. Just occasionally when there is beer and friends and we're too tired to play with real cars.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Forza has always been too arcade-y IMO. I had a bit of fun with it, but Its not that interesting to me anymore.

The most fun Ive had in a racing game was the grinding, RPG, management experience you got in Gran Turismo 3. I had so much time in that game and still so many races and cars left to complete and collect.

·
Registered
EG8
1,055 Posts
Lol, I know what you mean by "arcade-y", but at the same time the physics have always been pretty realistic. Turning the assists off makes for very intense racing.

AI is good until you start hitting the lap times pretty hard - top 30k leaderboards. But Forza 2 is the bastard-child- most arcade-y, almost NFS-esque where 3 and especially 4 cleaned it up a lot. I heard 6 fixed a lot of the issues from 5 - 5 was like GT5 Prelouge really.

Anyway, maybe after a few expansion patches 6 will finally be back to the same level as 4. But there is a small group of us racing on 4 thursday nights. We just did an endurance race on drag tires = 7 laps on Road America and they get greasy. Very intense.

The one thing about GT is what I saw in 6, where you can tune the car to maybe 1000hp, and "limit" it to 500hp. So you have a SUPER unrealistic power curve. That's just weird.

My 2 cents at least...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts